PDA

View Full Version : Idea for buidlings

John Bower
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Okay, nobody I know of thinks maybe buildings weren't a wee bit OP before; but imho GW went a little too far and now you see nobody wants to use them at all; which is a great shame as buildings are one of the best parts of the 40k game.

My thought is this; and I'd like to see a few people playtest this too as I don't really get a chance now till after Crimbo.

first off the 'Hit points' idea - yeah, okay I can see where they came from; and it's fine so just leave that alone.

Bit Bugbear that I hate - Glancing hits... Really? You can glance a building to death that has supposedly stood for 10k years? And worse when it goes it can wipe out an entire squad. No, for my money this is the one I would lose.

So my take is to just allow Penetrating hits to knock off the Hull points. Ignore glances completely like we used to for buildings. They are still easier to damage, but at least harder than vehicles which in fairness they should be.

No other changes, lances/meltas et. al. still have their full effect; but only knock out buildings with penetrating hits; except of course now it will drop HP's and ultimately 4 or so will take out even the largest structure.

I'll bring it in when as I say I can, but if anyone feels like trying it or for that matter has tried it, please post here and share what your thoughts were on how it worked.

Ducky
12-06-2014, 08:42 AM
That is a very sound idea.

John Bower
12-07-2014, 06:57 AM
That is a very sound idea.

Thank you :)