PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Old Men Edition: 1500 Point Bjorn Space Wolf Army

Unholy_Martyr
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
So, this is a list I used last night against a Tyranid for kicks and giggles, I have to say it worked extremely well for reasons I will elaborate on in a minute. The List was as follows:

H.Q.

Bjorn
Extra Serving of Awesomesauce! -270

Elites

Wolf Guard x3
3x Power Fists, Land Raider Crusader -324

Troops

Grey Hunters x5
Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Razorback: Twin Linked Assault Cannons -165

Grey Hunters x5
Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Razorback: Twin Linked Assault Cannons -165

Grey Hunters x10
Plasma Gun x2, Mark of the Wulfen -175

Heavy Support

Vindicator -115

Vindicator -115

Long Fangs x5
2x Plasma Cannons, 2x Missile Launchers, Razorback: Twin Linked Heavy Bolter -175

Total: 1504

Now...there are several reasons why I think this list faired so well:

1) He only had 3 units capable of hurting the Land Raider, let alone anything with AV 11. These units consisted of a Winged Tyrant and 1 Troops Tervigon and 1 H.Q. Tervigon.

2) He realized on the 3rd turn he could turn Bjorn into an Objective.

3) He didn't Deep Strike his Winged Tyrant or his Shrikes.

4) I got EXCEPTIONALLY Lucky with the first round of shooting.

If I could make any changes, they would be the following:

1) Drop the Plasma Cannons in exchange for 2 more Missile Launchers. Vindicators dealt out enough Blasty goodness without their help.

2) Probably take the Lascannon/ Plasma Gun combination over the Assault Cannons. Would have helped taking down the big bugs IMMENSELY!

3) Put Extra Armor on the Land Raider. Really the Land Raider was never even scratched the entire game but next time I may not be so lucky. Comments and Criticisms are always welcome!

Tynskel
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I must admit- no heavy support in the Bug List is not a good idea.

You need to at least take a Carnifex- that'll take out Bjorn, or Land Raiders, or characters for the str 10 HULK SMASH. Also, auto penning vehicles is pretty nice. Otherwise a Mawloc, Tyrannofex, or Trygon.

What was the Bug 1500 list? You only stated 2 tervigons and a hive tyrant.

Unholy_Martyr
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
The Bug list from what I can remember is the following:

H.Q.

Hive Tyrant
Wings, Scything Talons?, Acid Blood

Tervigon
Acid Blood, Other Stuff

Troops

Tervigon
Acid Blood, Other Stuff

2 or 3x 30 Guants
The kind that are I 5 and come real cheap

Fast Attack

2x 3 Shrikes
Don't know the upgrades here.

I believe his idea of not taking Heavy Support was that I tend to normally use Njal in a Drop Pod list and if he had taken those bigger bugs I would have nuked easily 300 points and he didn't want that. We tend to try to stick to the same list without customizing for going head to head so as to be a little more competitive and sportsman-like.