PDA

View Full Version : About Tzeentch's Disc

Agramar
02-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi!

Well, I have a Tzeencth Lord in disc ,and a Tzeentch Sorcerer in disc too(RT miniatures).I need some ideas for new uses for this HQ options.
And just one question more...what's the legal base for a disc?a normal one or a terminator base?:cool:
Thanks in advance!

Strangleweb
02-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, a disc gives you +1A and change your Lord or Sorcerer into Jump Infantry. As such there are only a few options:

1) Tool them up for close combat (and maybe accompany some raptors). I would look at using Lightning Claws personally, but it depends on what you are facing. 6 S4 power weapon attacks on the charge, usually hitting on 3s, with rerollable wounds is very good, particularly against high armour troops other Marines. Death Screamer Daemon Weapons are generally not too good in my experience.
2) Use them as a very mobile fire platform - Bolt of Tzeentch or Wind of Chaos on a Sorcerer is the obvious choice. Against low toughness troops (Eldar/Imperial Guard), Gift of Chaos can be a good choice. There's nothing more amusing that turning Commissar Yarrick into a spawn!

Agramar
02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Death Screamer isn't too bad,you can use the BS of the Chaos lord for something more than fire a Bolt pistol.But the idea of the Claws....hummm like it...

And what about using a close combat sorcerer in disc?time warp+chaos wind+disc.Is a good idea?

Thanks a lot;)

Zarbardius
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Not a bad idea, as the Force Weapon is a nice add. As far as Marks, I would be stuck between any of the marks. T5, I6, or 4+ invuln are very nice, and T5 is probably a better gamble against most troops. However, with Tzeentch, you could try some character and tank hunting with Bolt of Change

Chaosgerbil
02-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Go with a 40mm base due to the size of the model, also it won't tip over as easily.