PDA

View Full Version : Painting BFG

The_Gonk
12-18-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm planning a painting resolution for the New Year (my arm was injured a while a go and it reduced what I could do quite a bit) to clear the back log!

Part of that will be painting the Chaos fleet I have on the shelf at home. Does anyone have any colour scheme tips please? Should I paint them as one of the chaos legions or should they have their own scheme?

Cheers for the help!

Psychosplodge
12-18-2014, 06:55 AM
My friend who had a chaos fleet basecoated in black then picked all the raised detail out in bright primary/secondary colours.
Was rather an effective scheme.
Unless you want to paint a specific legion, go with what you want :D

The_Gonk
12-18-2014, 12:58 PM
My friend who had a chaos fleet basecoated in black then picked all the raised detail out in bright primary/secondary colours.
Was rather an effective scheme.
Unless you want to paint a specific legion, go with what you want :D

Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure how they should look. I'm tempted to have a go at a Sons of Horus scheme and do a Horus Heresy era fleet!
Do you think that would work or is it horribly unfluffy?

Cheers!

Psychosplodge
12-19-2014, 02:33 AM
Well they went black legion post heresy, but do you imagine them stopping and painting their ships? I'd assume any change of colour post heresy is down to chaos, so a particularly "secular" chunk of the legion would be more immune to the effects of chaos as they aren't embracing it, and why would the chaos gods bother wasting time on the reluctant followers when they have the ones who have eagerly embraced them to play with?

The_Gonk
12-19-2014, 03:38 AM
Good point!

Sons of Horus it is!