PDA

View Full Version : Kharn's Butcherhoard??

Ivarr
12-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Has anyone picked up Kharn's Butcherhoard? Is it worth a look..is the formation playable???

Captain Bubonicus
12-28-2014, 10:13 AM
There was another topic about it in News & Rumors - I'll re-post here what I posted there:

I paid the cash and snagged the dataslate - it's a formation of 4 berzerker squads, 4 chaos space marine squads (all with mark of Khorne, of course!) and Kharn.

You get double your attacks on all models in a unit if you roll an "8" for charge distance, and any roll of "6" to hit in the assault phase by a model from this formation gets a bonus attack - which in turn can generate another bonus on a "6", et cetera, ad infinitum.

*edit*

Oh, yeah - and everybody gets Adamantium Will.

*second edit*

I think we costed it out at 920 points minimum - that's minimum-size squads + MoK for the CSM squads, no upgrades or transports. Makes it hard to "splash" in another list unless you're playing at a high points level, eh?

Charon
12-28-2014, 12:15 PM
You get double your attacks on all models in a unit if you roll an "8" for charge distance

That is base Attack only.
So a Zerker who manages to charge and get that 8 has 1 A more than usual. So 5 instad of 4 Attacks. Doesn't really help much as the charge was never the Zerkers problem. Its getting charged or the 2nd round of combat where they are down to laughable 2 Attacks.

Prindlehaven
12-28-2014, 04:27 PM
That is base Attack only.
So a Zerker who manages to charge and get that 8 has 1 A more than usual. So 5 instad of 4 Attacks. Doesn't really help much as the charge was never the Zerkers problem. Its getting charged or the 2nd round of combat where they are down to laughable 2 Attacks.

You are forgetting that the champs have 2 attacks base so if you roll an 8 to charge the champ has a whopping 7 attacks (2 * 2 + 1 + 2). In a min squad of zerkers, you will have 5 attacks each for them OTC, giving you a rather rediculous 27 attacks (generating more on 6's) from a 5 model unit. Also, it says every model in the unit, meaning if you put kharn in a squad of cultists from another detachment you get a bonus attack for all of them (2 for the champ).

Ivarr
12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Will have to pick it up this week. Just bought the first models for a Kharn/berserker thing anyway.

KhornishGameHen
12-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Ohhh... excited!!!

I was hoping more Chaos dataslates would be on the way! I enjoyed the helbrute ones, but the idea of a big Kharn formation is even better!