PDA

View Full Version : re-enacting scenarios - anyone seen fury?

Da Gargoyle
12-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Recently my son and I re-enacted two scenarios from WW II using 40K. The first was Hell's Highway where the Brit Armoured Division was pushing along a narrow road to get to the Parras at Arnhem. For lack of country scenery we had an AM armoured column passing down the main road of a section of ruined city. Eldar were there to delay or stop them. I used 1000 points worth of Eldar while he had a little over 2000 in tanks and mech infantry. His objective was to get to the other end of the table by the end of turn 6. He could not see my deployment until actual line of sight and had he just tried to dash through he would have run into my fire prisms and dragons around a bend in the road.

It turned out very much like the real thing. He got within spitting distance of the end of table but lost much of his infantry and chimeras. He needed to bulldoze a couple of them out of the way to squeeze his tanks through, Russ with dozer blade using a d6 a bit like infantry crossing difficult ground. I lost most of my force including all the vehicles and support weapons but they did the job. After hitting a Russ in the flank with a SG squad with fusion guns he had to clear the buildings one at a time. All of which caused the delays that won me the game, sort of, (A bit like the 300 Spartans).

The other re-enactment was the scene in Fury where the tank, in this case a Russ, made its stand at the cross roads, (Not really historical I know). An imperial guard unit of two platoons, 5 sections strong with HQ and 2 veteran units came up the road and the vet's were allowed to scout ahead beyond the tank before it came live. The basic rules were, any assaults were subject to overwatch with the hvy bolters and the stubber at full BS. The AM was not allowed to fall back but could be pinned. The tank was immobilised and the AM only had assault weapons. The tank was knocked out in turn 5 with the loss of its last HP. The tank cammander had been killed stubbing the Vets behind the tank and a sniper got him. We used the old church ruins in lieu of a farm house and the tank took a goodly number of the enemy with it.

All in all, two fun games with an additional link to more recent times. Any one else tried this? And how would you fight it as either side.