PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves "Loganwing" - 1500

bluegdec1
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi all,

While I understand that an all terminator list via Logan Grimnar isn't the most competitive starting point, I love the idea of a low model count 1500 pt. list. With that in mind, I would like to make it as strong as possible. Feel free to rip this up.

HQ: Logan Grimnar, The Great Wolf @ 275 pts

HQ: 1 Rune Priest in Terminator Armour @ 130 pts (Chooser of the Slain; Runic Weapon x1; Storm Bolter x1)

Troops: Wolf Guard Pack @ 217 pts
1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Storm Bolter x1; Chain Fist)
1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Power Weapon x1; Storm Shield)
1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Combi-Meltagun; Wolf Claw)
1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter)

Troops: Wolf Guard Pack @ 280 pts
1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Power Weapon x1; Storm Bolter x1; Cyclone Missile Launcher)

Troops: Wolf Guard Pack @ 318 pts

1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Storm Bolter x1; Wolf Claw)
1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Power Weapon x1; Storm Bolter x1; Cyclone Missile Launcher)

Heavy Support: 6 Long Fangs Pack @ 140 pts (Missile Launcher x5)

Heavy Support: 6 Long Fangs Pack @ 140 pts (Missile Launcher x5)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Basics: Cyclone Missile Launcher Terminators detach and lead the Long Fang packs for a grand total of 7 missiles per unit. Logan joins the first squad in a drop pod, and the rune priest joins the second since it will be down a man from the transferred missile launcher wolf guard. Psychic powers can be adjusted to taste.

Total firepower is:

14 Missile Launchers
6 Combi-Meltas
32 Storm Bolter Shots

Unholy_Martyr
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I like the list and your pugnacious character, with that said there is only one thing which I would change: More Drop Pods.

Personally I would start by dropping one Missile Launcher each from the Long Fangs, this garners you 50 Points, from here, I would play around and try and free up the last 20 points.

With 5 Drop Pods, you can get all of your Terminators in at once, and Contest Objectives or harass your opponent later on in the game.

Another way to do this would be to drop the Rune Priest and replace him with two Deathwind Drop Pods, or making all of the first wave drop pods Death Winds, this guarantees you're safe from Horde onslaughts and forces your opponent to deal with them.

Just my $.02

bluegdec1
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Five drop pods isn't a bad idea at all. I'm a little hesitant to ditch the rune priest - the psychic defense is pretty big, as are the space wolf psychic powers. I do like the idea of freeing up 20 or so points for another couple of pods though. Decisions, decisions...