PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Nightspinner/Dark Eldar Ravager Rumors

Bigred
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Via Axiom (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4385111&postcount=1)

I heard last week from an excellent internal source that the following new figures are currently at the moulding room at GW’s manufacturing facility at Lenton. The models are currently being scanned/digitally edited in preparation for tooling, have had / are having the moulds tooled, or first sprues have been produced:

• Eldar Night Spinner (first production sprues). Supposedly this is an add-on sprue to the Falcon kit with a turret similar to the FW kits.
• Re-cut Vyper (mould tooled). Don’t know if the pilot or gunner have been resculpted.
• Dark Eldar Ravager (digital editing). Weaponry very much of Eldar aesthetic, a few spikes and what appears to be a sail similar in fashion to a multi-strutted, slightly spiky Eldar BFG wraithship feel.

If true, this would point to possible updates to BOTH Eldar codices in the 6-12 month timeline. Should be an interesting late 2010.

Duke
02-12-2010, 11:00 AM
As a Blood Angels/ Eldar Player I must say that 2010 is shaping up to be my year!

In all honesty though, I think DE are way overdue. I would be very happy if Eldar got a new dex, but I would rather see GK get one so that I can start a GK army.

Duke

DarkLink
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I would be very happy if Eldar got a new dex, but I would rather see GK get one so that I can start a GK army.

Duke

Good man. I like to hear that;).

eldargal
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Sounds promising I'm dying to see the new DE aesthetic. Not getting too excited until we see some confirmation though...

SQUEE!

davel
02-13-2010, 03:00 AM
If they are doing dark eldar they have to be looking at eldar. They can't for example make dark eldar toughness 4 (silly example) with out adjusting eldars toughness or coming up with a fluffy explanation as to why.

When i heard the rumour of plastic fire prism i did wonder if other turret varients would be added (ala leman russ)

speculating (but trying not to wish list)

most 5th codexes have ways of negating cover from afar. the night spinner may function like a whirlwind. or a hell hound. It's conceivable that with 2 modes of fire it may act as both.

most codexs have ways of modifying leader ship, I expect we may get a physcic power to that effect.

pshycics seem to begetting more powerful. Though eldar can't draw large amounts of energy from the warp ( slanesh badness) we will probably get more powers.

a few codexes have the ability to run 3d6 (highest score on) we have become slower on foot sinsce every one got run

some codexs got the ability to mess up opponents invunerable saves. As eldars thing is causing dammage not taking it it may be conceivable we will get something similar

other than that I expect the few usless options and units will be fixed. The over powered options toned down.

Dave l

RocketRollRebel
02-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I think that dropping both Eldar codex's as a back to back release would be great. I didn't think Eldar were anywhere on there radar but I'm not opposed to the idea. Poor Eldar (and more so Tau) went from being a brutal top tier army to being the guys you kinda feel bad for when 5th ed and some of the new codex's dropped. The way psykers are going with Njal and the Mephiston rumors, Eldrad is is going to be a monster (as he should be).

I don't think Eldar need a release as much as some other armies but they are a pretty popular xenos and they could use a little help so I'm behind the idea.

Duke
02-13-2010, 12:31 PM
What was the "fleet," Comment made a while back from GW? Wasn't it "And another fleet based codex out later this year."

If that is so then I can only think of one army (besides nids and Astartes chapters) that is Fleet based... Eldar

Duke

darth_papi76
02-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up...but a new Codex for either Eldar list would be a pleasant and welcome surprise.

DarkLink
02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I think the fleet based thing was in error. I recall the guy who posted the rumors later saying something like "I never said fleet-based, only that they were 'winging their way' " in reference to some unknown Marine stuff. The fleet based was apparently just some casual speculation that the community latched onto.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think it's a dead end.

davel
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Another thing that occurred to me.

Dark eldar long overdue, lots of new models needed, a big job

eldar some tweaks needed to bring in line with 5th, most models not needing updating, quick job

Seems to me it would be sensible to do one after the other to help maintain release schedule. It is likely both would contain identical/similar fluff regarding their history.

also craftword eldar may count as "fleet based" if this rumour has not been totally debunked ( or marine based).

Dave l

Dark_Templar
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Another thing that occurred to me.

eldar some tweaks needed to bring in line with 5th, most models not needing updating, quick job

Dave l

I would agree, except that would imply that they are not expanding the plastics, just keeping the metals, which will stop me from starting my Eldar army.

Bigred
02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Latest chatter says the Craftworld Eldar are due a larger kit said to "dwarf a falcon".

With the Trygon as a proof of concept, there are several likely candidates it could be.

-Scorpion/Cobra
-Revenant
-Phoenix
-Nightwing

The Scorpion/Cobra in particular might just be possible to shoehorn into 40k.

Drew da Destroya
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I have to admit, it'd be cool to see a Revenant in 40k. Gives my lootas a nice big target!

Duke
02-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I have been lurking around Warseer and right now consensus seems to be that it is a Scorpion super heavy tank with included variants (i.e. Cobra, Void Spinner, Storm Serpent).

Duke

Bigred
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
That would be the bee's knees.

Now the only question is it for Apoc or the regular codex?

I'm starting to feel that all the talk of a "fleet-based" army for the fall meant fleet of foot, not a space-based one...

davel
02-15-2010, 12:43 AM
There does seem to be a trend towards new large but not appocalyptic models. orks got their battle wagons, imperial guard got valkaries and nids trygon.
looking at the epic book the night spinner and firestorm would just need new falc turrets.
every thing else is described as supper heavy (possible appoc stompa bane blade) or
a flyer (also a possibility given the valkary)

Dave l

Melissia
02-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Eldar don't really need it as much as other armies, but meh, at least they aren't Marines. Dark Eldar, though, they badly need updating, especially models.

Madness
02-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Surely an engine of Vaul.

Deej
02-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Regarding the fleet-based comment... Am I the only one thinking it might have meant "an army based around use of the Fleet USR", rather than referencing fluff?

Madness
02-15-2010, 05:45 AM
Nope, I picked up on that too, but apparently it was a somewhat poor attempt at being cryptic.

Herald of Nurgle
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm seeing a Towering Destroyer on the horizon - certainly not a Revenant!

Cobra or Scorpion (heck, both!) would certainly work on a Baneblade sized kit and i'd certainly buy them - wink wink!

Dark_Templar
02-15-2010, 05:26 PM
I wonder if GW would really have the balls to release them back to back, as opposed to sticking a Marine / Imperial in the middle somewhere.

I say they should do it, stick to their guns, and go whole hog. Push the fact that they care enough about non-Imperial players to really commit to a big release.

RocketRollRebel
02-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I wonder if GW would really have the balls to release them back to back, as opposed to sticking a Marine / Imperial in the middle somewhere.

I say they should do it, stick to their guns, and go whole hog. Push the fact that they care enough about non-Imperial players to really commit to a big release.

I think they totally should. Eldar are a pretty popular xenos race and Dark eldar desperately need an update. It would be pretty awesome and would make for a neat marketing campaign to boot.

Duke
02-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I had an interesting thought... What if GW was being particularly quick witted the day they wrote "fleet based." Is it entirely possible that Fleet USR and fleet of ships both point to an Eldar codex?

All in all I think I am being overly hopeful that Eldar will get a new Codex. I think DE need one more than Craftowlrd.

Duke