PDA

View Full Version : Hows this for a idea for all you khorne players.

Xaric
01-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Because a person who plays Pure Khorne cant gain the powers from psyker ability due to Khorne not having any sorcerers unless they take undivided but that would make them not pure Khorne so I have this idea.

Chaos Space Marine : Ritualist (HQ)
Using the dark Apostles stat line with some difference's WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv+6
Special rules and wargear : Zealot, Autopistol, Improvised armour, Champion of Chaos, Independent Character and as listed below Blood of the enemy
He may swap his autopistol for a ranged weapon from the wargear
He may take Chaos Rewards
He can take marks of Chaos from the wargear
He can take Veterans of the long war special war for 5 pts
He is a psyker mastery level 1 for 25pts can be made a psyker mastery level 2

he can only take powers from demonology Malefic powers

If he roles double 1,2,3,4,5 he can kill a model in his unit to remove the effect of perils of the warp but double 6 applies as standard to the ritualist.

Blood of the enemy if the ritualist kills a enemy character he can roll chaos boon table for a nearby model in his unit instead of himself.

This would be very fluffy in the basis of Aztec blood sacrifice.

Chaos daemons : Blood Throne of Khorne another entry to be added for every model that is slain by the blood throne and the herald in the assault phase roll a d6 at the end of the assault phase on a 5+ for each dice is a blood letter when all the results are done all those blood letter become a unit and are deployed 6" away from the blood throne with no scatter but must be 1" from any model friend or foe.

This would be very fluffy in the basis that Khorne is happy with his minion slaying his foe in his name and reaping the skulls from there victims.

This will make people feel more on par with the other chaos gods because all the other pure army's can use summoning wile Khorne cant when playing a pure list and make the blood throne more attractive.

Please stay away from flaming and if there is a problem give a example of how it could be improved or what would make it Over powered and find a way to lower that Over powered factor.

ShadowcatX
01-07-2015, 08:32 AM
How is using homebrew that goes 100% against the fluff of Khorne better than just using an undivided sorcerer?

Xaric
01-07-2015, 08:53 AM
go's against the fluff? I don't see how that makes sense I did indicate Aztec blood sacrifice if you read how they conducted there sacrifice in times of war or in simple worship it makes very good sense fluff wise I am not saying hes a psyker but for the core rules to accept him using powers from daemonolgy and to be effected by rules that effect psykers he gets the rule the reason for the rolings is to please his god by sacrifice because non daemons using this power get perils on any double.

As I said about chaos undivided sorcerer that is not devoted to khorne that is undivided that would not make it a pure khorne list...

If this is about the sacrifice part I will give you four variations of sacrifice this is selfless sacrifice just as the khorne daemons do anyone devoted to khorne they gladly throw themselves into battle regaurdless of there life to please there god by accepting the challenge and attempting to come out on top for the sacrifice say the cultist is willing to spill his own blood for his god so he accepts becoming the sacrifice to protect his fellow worshipers from the perils of the warp

Selfish sacrifice a guy who kills his fellow people for personal power and without care to his follow worshipers that would be slaanesh

Experimental sacrifice using the method of sacrifice to find out what happens next that would be tzeentch

Endurance sacrifice testing ones resolve to endure pain this is what nurgle would be

And if the hole pysker thing is a bother for you what about space wolves they don use the power of the warp yet they still are called psykers on a ruling standpoint.

Eldar_Atog
01-07-2015, 09:52 AM
go's against the fluff? I don't see how that makes sense

Khorne hates magic. He's the most physical of the 4 chaos gods. He hates Tzeentch and Slaanesh because they represent the mental aspects of corruption... and mages/psykers are people that focus more on the mental at a sacrifice of the physical.

Katharon
01-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Yup...this makes no sense fluff-wise. As has been stated, Khorne absolutely hates -- ANGRY HATES -- psykers. If there were a way of invading the physical realm without the need for a psyker to be the bridge between worlds then Khorne would be the first one crossing it.

EDIT: You notice in the fluff that nearly all Khornate incursions into the physical realm are the result of either a natural warp rift or out-right summoned by CSM sorcerers (and they pay a price for their offenses against Khorne for being a psyker).

Xaric
01-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Khorne does not hate magic he dislikes the use of most magic abiltys that will deceave or give one an unfair advantage for instant if say 2 sorcerers on equal power are in a challenge khorne would not mind this but he is more opposed to unfair advantage in the case of someone who has no magical ability fighting someone who does how can you defend against something you have little understanding or cant sense it coming to you its basically a space marine beating on a blind man that is what khorne really dislike about magic and this is why slaanesh enjoys magic.

Khorne does not hate tzeentch for his magic but for the fact he deceives how can you honour or trust someone who pretty much has a knife to your back.

Khorne dislikes Slaanesh more for powers opposed wile khorne is powered from people proving themselves to there peers in the glory of combat or honourable acts slaanesh is powered from betrayal and selfish acts to improve ones own stature.

Now on to the factor of khorne psykers that is true there is none that are sorcerers (unless you count dawn of war as cannon) but there are in place of them called seers think astropath with tactician and you have a seer these guys are insanely intelligent when it comes to debates of tactics and war plans with the ability to see gruesome visions of hardcore bloodshed, so they know exactly where to go.

Now the reason for Ritualist unfortunately in 7th edition all pure army's that are dedicated to a god can use the new summoning ability's if they have a psyker so I did some background research to try and come up with a way that khorne can have somewhat a unit that is able to at least summon khorne daemons in by fluffy means using sacrifice would be the olny way you could summon daemons of khorne if you was to remove the aspect of a sorcerer.

Eldar_Atog
01-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Khorne does not hate magic.

Yes, he does. He sees Psykers and mages as cowards who would rather use parlor tricks instead of picking up a close combat weapon to kill. If he hates the psyker and mage, how can he support the tools that they use?

Prove me wrong. Is there a single model in the game that can be both a magic user/psyker and have the mark of khorne at the same time?

40kGamer
01-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes, he does. He sees Psykers and mages as cowards who would rather use parlor tricks instead of picking up a close combat weapon to kill. If he hates the psyker and mage, how can he support the tools that he uses?

Prove me wrong. Is there a single model in the game that can be both a magic user/psyker and have the mark of khorne at the same time?

Have to agree. Khorne is a magic/psychic hating fool and has been since the old 'Slaves to Darkness/The Lost and the Damned' RT days.

Xaric
01-07-2015, 11:55 AM
I could be easy to say Azariah Kyras from dawn of war but that game is far from cannon haha hmmm I did some more research and it said that one of the main legions kept sorcerers bound to a location and forced them to enchant there weapons so maybe forcing a sorcerer with no mark to keep using summoning skills or I guess this could be somewhat fluffy with astra militarum as a ally detachment? because don't they now have 3 HQ psykers and elite brotherhood of sorcerer psykers?

Arkhan Land
01-07-2015, 01:30 PM
I agree that khorne's forces would be made better with the ability to summon forces, but this also goes against khorne's will, which is the way of might and force.

Our HQ units do not summon petty demons to our side when charging into battle, They stride in and cut off heads at initiative 9 or 10 doing so on 2+s because of furious strenght!

for cereal though, some things that could alleviate the psyker dilemna:

1) Add double 4s as reality blinks, but i feel wrong taking this and not giving it to the other chaos gods (still only 2/36 chance)

2) allow for all NAMED Khorne HQ choices (Skary, Thirsty, Karny & Skully) an extra denial roll. (This coupled with the 4+ denial you should have, because you should be using bloodhounds and are running them wildly towards your enemies, would be da bomb)
I feel like this is the one thing that would be Fluff-perfect and not be too crazy destructive.

DarkLink
01-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the World Eaters explicitly hate all psykers and myurdered all of their Librarians the instant they turned...

Denzark
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
The original fluff for World Eaters in the Slaves to Darkness saw all Librarians renounce their psychic powers but keep the original battlefield communications role. They were revered as good fighters.

Khorne did allow the use of Chaos and Daemon weapons whose origins could be argued to be magical but he hated magics which would keep the warrior from the glory of combat - personal skills because killing efficiently at range was to be lauded - but using physical prowess (ie marksmanship) not mental ability.

Unfortunately there is simply no claim you can give a psychic power to represent any khornate ability. Khornate rules have since 1st Ed had 2 things in common - increased psychic protection and absolutely no method of doing anything that requires a psychic test to use.

You could create a homebrew special rule to create this Aztec special effect but you can't claim 'a psychic power makes the equivalent of a khorne effect and its fluffy' because it quite simply wouldn't be.

Xaric
01-07-2015, 03:30 PM
damn it oh well it was worth a try :(

Mr.Pickelz
01-08-2015, 10:14 AM
in WFB, you might get away with a Metal Sorcerer being modeled/storied as a Blacksmith working with a weird anvil (anvil as source of magic) For 40k however, I don't know of any crossover that would work within Khorne's "No Magic" rule. The Sorcerer would have to be Tzeentch or Nurgle related, and a similar story to the Sorcerer being the unleasher of khorne's troops upon the foe.

Arkhan Land
01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
This might sort of be helpful, in working on a fluff-ful campaign based game-set with my one of my friends I had planned to use a Cauldron of Blood (from 2nd gen oop WFB DE Kit) to sit atop of one of my rhino sm-battletank chasis and counts as a vindicator as being used by my relictors, in keeping with their desire to use magical and daemonic devices.

Perhaps while you cannot have a purely Khorne army list in terms of the list itself, perhaps you could model something so everything was modeled in a khorne theme, maybe something like a small warp rupture or human sized/wheeled icon to khorne on a 30mm base, possibly pulled by two adorable lil-letters