PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER 2000 point Nid list :)

foostoofoo
02-13-2010, 07:01 AM
So I've play tested them for a while now and have finally decided to construct the following army :)

HQ
Hive tyrant, lash whip and bonesword, scything talons, hive commander, old adversary, paroxysm, leech essence - 220

2 Tyrant guard - 120

Hive tyrant, wings, old adversary, 2 TL devourers, paroxysm, leech essence - 285

Troops
15 Gaunts - 75

15 Gaunts - 75

16 Gaunts - 80

Elites
2 Zoanthropes -120
Mycetic Spore - 40

2 Zoanthropes -120
Mycetic Spore - 40

Fast Attack
15 Gargoyles, toxin sacs - 105

15 Gargoyles, toxin sacs - 105

3 Raveners, spinefists - 105

Heavy Support
Mawloc - 170

Mawloc - 170

Mawloc - 170

Total: 2000 points on the head

So the main nasty tac-tic I like to use with this army is the combination of the winged tyrant and gargoyles. Imagine the gargoyles charge, because of their poison they automatically wound on a 6 when rolling to hit, because of the tyrants old adversary they gain preffered enemy, so they then get to re-roll failed hits. Already you're going to have a few wounds, no matter who you are charging, after that they have posioned attacks (4+) because of the toxin sacs. Now that is a lot of wounds that to be had. Look out daemon princes :)

Only thing I am still not sure about is running 3 lone raveners, so might end up replacing them with more gaunts/gargoyles :)

So any points people would improve on?
Things people would do with this army?

Thanks in advanced :)

Tynskel
02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I would dump the Raveners. They don't quite match the list. 105 points is a lot of gaunts, no matter how you cut the pie! Maybe a squad of hormagaunts? I know people don't like them because of the 'meta game'. However, some back up close combat near the walking Tyrant could add some flexibility.

My only other recommendation is to give the Walking Tyrant a gun of some sort-she already re-rolls to hit against everything but tanks. Personally, I like the Devourers. They do a wonderful job against light armor and anything Toughness 4 or lower.

Hehe: I like the 3 Mawlocs- that's just funny! However, I think running 2 with 3 Hive Guard will flesh out your anti-armor. 2 Mawlocs should be enough to discourage your opponent from castling. Having them both start on the board and burrow, then Turn 2 have them popping up with a fine good chance that your Zoans coming in is pretty good. A good tactic will be to box in your opponent with the Mycetic Spores and Zoans, and the Mawlocs then deep striking. Your opponent will be hard-pressed to be able to get their units away from that 7" diameter of remove all models!