PDA

View Full Version : Diagram showing new 32mm bases and a 5" blast template.

Jack Ad
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Discussing the new bases, and how to use templates (Center hole entirely over base of model) I created this model to show unit spacing, and what is the maximum number of targets a 5" blast can get on a 32mm based model.

For this I used the bottom size of the 32mm bases, which are 1.5" diameter.

The White circle with a 5mm radius inner circle is the 5" blast template, the reds are 2" spacers for coherency, and the greens are the 0.625" radius (32mm) bases.

From what I've tested, the most you can get is 3, and the least being 1, before scatter.

Lord Krungharr
01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Sometimes though for assault or flamer template using purposes I need to get my guys close together to reach the enemy. Though I suppose in either of those cases they'll be occupied with chopping enemies to bits rather than getting blasted.

I hope we aren't required to change all of our bases now, that would piss me and bunches of people off!

Dodgy Farmer
01-13-2015, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=
For this I used the bottom size of the 32mm bases, which are 1.5" diameter.
[/QUOTE]

So, if we want to do a fender washer up-grade we should use 1.5" washers instead of 1.25" (which is closer to 32mm). Expected the flair diameter to be 32mm, not the top.

Da Gargoyle
01-14-2015, 01:38 AM
I rather disagree with your statement that the maximum you can get is 3 hits on 32mm bases. Or rather I should say I disagree with the perfect world view of the spacing of the troops. Before a scatter you may only get 3 units if they are all at maximum coherency distance. However once you scatter, where the centre hole on the blast is located is no longer relevant. So you could have a unit of 4 in square formation and the blast template could scatter dead centre and hit all 4.

Also, how often in a game do you see squads maintain perfect maximum coherency? They will condense to use cover, move through terrain, get line of sight for firing. So I think overall you will still have opportunities for larger casualty totals, even with a larger base. Just out of curiosity though, what is using a 32mm base?

marful
01-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Just out of curiosity though, what is using a 32mm base?
The new Blood Angels Space Marines come with 32mm bases for the basic infantry models.

Defenestratus
01-19-2015, 09:41 AM
The new Blood Angels Space Marines come with 32mm bases for the basic infantry models.

And my new GK squad.... Making your own bases from the BAngle Tac squad 32mm bases is super easy, and marines look so much better on them!!
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mmQB57dwppQ/VLr4VCafrcI/AAAAAAAA0EQ/R6qUPkJNGks/w1165-h865-no/2015-01-17.jpg