PDA

View Full Version : WiP. Asssorted Minis for funzies.

Yriel_The_Angelic
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Hey all, I'm just making this thread for the giveaway that BoLS is doing. Figured i might as well throw some eye candy your way. I'm not going to lie. Warmahordes has, in my opinion, some atrocious looking models. At least when compared to other industries. It is unique. But i personally have some vanity error when it comes to its toys.
With all that said...I play protectorate, as they are what i deem to be passable in looks. Cygnar is a close second but my friend plays them heavily so i try to back away from that. Don't want to clog the meta with too much of the same thing ya know? I love the exemplar look and with that said here's my take on eFeora.

I don't like the current eFeora model so i tried to make an exemplar version to fit my exemplar theme. I used Gravus unmounted body and left arm and right shoulder plate. I then used eKreoss's arcane turbine thingy and a bastion seneschal right arm glaive. Finally i topped it off with the new pkreoss head. Took a lot of carving to get everything in place and overall i'm happy with this look.

- - - Updated - - -

reserved

Yriel_The_Angelic
01-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Here is my other project. This is eKreoss.

Those of you who have the current eKreoss model will know his model does not do him justice. I've been playing Warmahordes since it was first an Iron Kingdoms RPG supplement for DnD 3.5 and jumped in joy when my favorite caster at the time pKreoss became epic in Apotheosis. If you have that book ( i do, good read) you'll see an amazing looking artist rendition of eKreoss preparing for the coming battle with the serfs helping arm him. It looks amazing, makes you feel amazing, and then...you get the fat man original model. So i kept it...for ages until the newly updated pkreoss model (which is, in my opinion, the best model released forevahs!)

I took the base model and chopped off his head and managed to fit in the new pkreoss head. i then chopped around his arms and used angled them to look like he's running. His weapon is still a WiP as i want to make more ornate but the base shaft is from the Warhammer Dark Elves range.

- - - Updated - - -

To finish the rounds on Protectorate here is my non-as heavily converted Tristan model.
Overall i've been enjoying the new models that Privateer have been releasing. It seems like they either hired much more competent sculptors or their current sculptors became much more refined in their skills...or maybe it was menoths blessing guiding their hands to reward the true believers. Either way all i did with this tristan model is replace his head with the bastion seneschal head. Mainly to fit the theme of an all exemplar force. I also hate painting skin of any kind. So there's that. Overall i've been happy with this little conversion.