PDA

View Full Version : 30k Iron Warriors Proposed Amendments

Ducky
01-17-2015, 06:40 AM
I generally find the legion rules to be good to use and am loathed to mess with points costs or unit abilities but here are some exceptions.

In the case of "to the bitter end" I am unsure why the Iron Warriors and even the cursed Imperial fists need to have a potentially negative rule. In the context of my games we play straight 6 turn games anyway.

For shrapnel bolts I thought it might be a good way of getting the combi-bolter to be useful. It could be balanced by removing the twin-linked or something but I thought since it is quite weak it should be as is.

As for the Warsmith I feel for the benefits he gets as a base (stubborn and shatter defences) is not worth the 1+ victory point in his death in battle especially seeing as he has significant equipment limitations.

To the Bitter end: when an infantry unit with the rules (Iron Warriors) is completely destroyed, place a large blast marker centred on the last model to die marking the danger area. Any unit that passes through the marked area must take a dangerous terrain test for each model to move through the marked area. The blast marker is then removed.

Shrapnel Bolts: also available to combi-bolters

Warsmith: Remove the additional victory point gained from killing the Warsmith.