PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer World Redevelopment

Wildeybeast
01-18-2015, 08:11 AM
A big announcement as to exactly what the changes will be is coming on 7th February. However, they have let slip two of the changes in a job advertisement. They will be opening dedicated Forgeworld and Black Library stores there!

http://careers.games-workshop.com/2015/01/12/warhammer-world-supervisor-nottingham-uk/

Mr Mystery
01-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Sweet! And I'm Nottingham-bound in April anyways!

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-18-2015, 09:08 AM
A FW store? That's pretty neat :) makes me wish I could travel though! :(

Mr Mystery
01-18-2015, 03:32 PM
A FW store? That's pretty neat :) makes me wish I could travel though! :(

Now I have a mental image of you having had your feet nailed to the floor.....

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-19-2015, 12:32 AM
Now I have a mental image of you having had your feet nailed to the floor.....

It often feels that way

Grom the Paunch
01-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Interesting news, especially given the recent bad news on their commercial performance.

I try to get to GWHQ at least once a year so i'll be looking forwards to seeing what improvements they're planning.

Wildeybeast
02-07-2015, 04:44 AM
Full details are revealed. The grand reopening is on 16th and 17th May, ticket only.
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/events-hall/warhammer-world-grand-opening/

Looks like a greatly expanded miniatures display, along with confirmation of the new stores. No mention of gaming tables, which I am mildly concerned about, but I assume they will still be there, would be ridiculous to get rid of them.

I think I'll head up, quite excited to see what they have done with the place, along with the chance to meet the studio teams.

Mr Mystery
02-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Interesting.

Am up the month before. With any luck I'll be able to see the new WW....

Path Walker
02-07-2015, 02:19 PM
I was there last week and its all very hush hush, even the staffers at the store there hadn't seen it!

Erik Setzer
02-09-2015, 09:32 AM
FNo mention of gaming tables, which I am mildly concerned about, but I assume they will still be there, would be ridiculous to get rid of them.

They pretty much shut down the entire gaming room at their US "World of Battle" location and put in a token two or three tables for people to play at, paring down even that location to pretty much being just a retail spot.

Not sure whether they'll be there or not. The redevelopment notes mention fewer tables being available from August 2014 to May 2015, but don't mention what that means as of May 2015, whether they'll have tables back or won't have any at all. I notice the last reservation/event page is for April 2015, too.

Wildeybeast
02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
The store has been temporarily moved into the gaming hall and half the hall closed off while they do the work, but I can't imagine it going altogether. From what I can see on recent visits, all the gaming space will still be there. It just struck me as odd that they didn't mention it in all the blurb.

Path Walker
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
I talked to the guys in the store last time and they confirmed they'll have gaming tables and that the team was working on some really cool tables, the retail staff had to help cut out parts from sprues, he mentioned 10,000 imperial sector sprues were done

Erik Setzer
02-09-2015, 03:06 PM
The store has been temporarily moved into the gaming hall and half the hall closed off while they do the work, but I can't imagine it going altogether. From what I can see on recent visits, all the gaming space will still be there. It just struck me as odd that they didn't mention it in all the blurb.

I'd think that they'd keep the gaming space at such a key location, yeah. Just saying it's also not outside the realm of possibility, given other recent moves.

Guess we'll see in a couple months.