PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine Tactics Entry: Retribution of Scyrah

Caius
01-22-2015, 02:16 PM
When I started playing Warmachine I began with Cygnar. I hadn't considered Retribution initially because they lacked a battlebox at the time and there wasn't a lot written about them. Gradually as I got into the game I read more about them and found their background very interesting. It has gotten to the point where I have more Retribution than Cygnar.

I chose the colours to as simple form of camouflage. I wanted to create a force that appeared to operate from a heavily forested region. It would look awkward to paint camouflage onto the models but the brown and green with the darker wash was intended to blend together with the colours of the base. This is most visible in the screenshot of the archers.

These are my Warcasters. They are the first Warcasters introduced for the faction, from Garryth to Vyros. They represent the initial core of factions of the Retribution: the Mage Hunters, House Vyre and House Shyeel. The Fane of Scyrah (though not part of the Retribution) is also represented by Ravyn. Although they are not necessarily my best work I do believe that they are important enough to warrant inclusion.

Here is a squad of Battle Mages. Since they are force mages (and supposedly very powerful mages too) I wanted to show them using their magic to manipulate objects around the battlefield. This means showing them not only hurling stones and scattered weapons but also using the environment to protect themselves. The leader is the one using stones to shield himself. As per the rules of the game, each time he is killed the model replaces another grunt. This means that he will be the last model of the unit to actually leave the table and I had to make sure he had an appropriate pose. The hair and stone was added to the models.

The only thing I did here was to add the bowstring. I particularly like the Stormfall Archers because as a unit they have an interesting series of poses - Arrive, Draw, Knock and Fire.

Lastly, here are a few solos - the elite of the Retribution. In the fore we have a Mage Hunter Assassin and a Ghost Hunter. They are ready to strike down any human mage from near or far. Behind them, supporting the army, is a powerful magister from House Shyeel. Using his mastery over force magic he has created for himself a stone pedestal from where he cast his spells. As with the Battle Mages I added the stones to the model.