PDA

View Full Version : Battlehosts Book - May

Bigred
02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
New war of the Ring book for May

In May the armies of Middle-earth march to war, the mightiest heroes of the War of the Ring at their head. These fighting formations are known as battlehosts, powerful units comprising groups of legendary warriors and great heroes that are far greater than the sum of their parts. War of the Ring: Battlehosts is an 80-page supplement, detailing all that you need to know to include battlehosts in your own army. There are battlehosts included for every army, from the Riders of the Westfold to Dalamyr's Corsairs, so no matter what faction you collect, there's a battlehost for you. The book is also packed with new fortunes and fates and loads of great hobby advice for modelling and painting your own distinctive battlehosts.

Hmm, this sounds vaguely like the 40K Apocalypse formations concept transposed into WotR...

fracas
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
or a dressed up WotR FAQ?

Bigred
02-15-2010, 01:07 PM
We can only hope. Everything that is wrong with that game can be fixed in a 1 page faq.

Cryl
02-16-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm hoping for both in one book to be honest. I'm also very happily surprised that such a thing is coming out as I'd heard no rumours at all before this. I love WotR but it needs a FAQ to tidy up some of the rules problems as well as some new variety in what you can take.

This could even contain some of the rumoured seige rules although I suspect that'll be expansion two if and when this does well.

EDIT: Just as exciting is the mention of new models to support these rules, new sculpts and model support is always good for a game system

Cryl
03-01-2010, 09:08 AM
According to one of the guys in Warhammer worlds store (take this with as much pinching of salt as you wish!) the book contains "a lot of fixes for the exisiting book and loads of massive formations with loads of heroes" his words not mine...

I'm still hopeful this will be great