PDA

View Full Version : 2000p all infantry wolves

Wells
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey, been trolling this forum for a long time but haven't bitten the bullet and joined until now. Ive played a ton of broken armies over the years,(2x demon prince with lash, 2 5 man chaos marines in rino with icon, 30 tzeench termies and 4 oblits anyone?) and wanted to build a more fluffy list with the space wolves. According to the codex, they prefer to mostly fight on foot, so i went for an all infantry build that i hope wont be slaughtered on the way to the enemy but we will see.

1 Rune priest in termie armor with jaws and whatever else i want

4x 10x grey hunters w 2x melta guns, power wep, motw.

3x 10x Sky Claws w power fist, motw.

1x 5x Long fang w 4x lazcannon

1x 6x long fang w- 2x plasma cannon, 3x missile launcher

1x 5x long fang w- 2x multi melta, 2x missile launcher

87 marines on foot.

Any ideas would be helpful, i have a lot of models, so i could run scouts or other infantry choices.

Unholy_Martyr
02-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Make the Long Fangs 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Plasma Cannons, it is a murderous combination and even 'nids tremble at the sight.

Use Storm Caller as your second Psychic Power to garner a cover save for the force.

Otherwise, good luck. I like footslogging lists personally, and I usually take two 15 Man Blood Claws instead of Sky Claws. They're vicious with about 60 Attacks on the Charge and I usually use them with Wolf Priests to make them Fearless Meat Shields.

Sarkan Bloodfist
02-16-2010, 12:30 AM
wells

I would consider bringing some fenrisian wolves. I'm not a space wolf player but fighting against them from time to time I can tell you these things are really annoying. they hit from 18" away, come in serious numbers, roll a lot of dice on the charge with space marine stats, and distract the opponent long enough for your marines to get where they're going.

consider njal. his 3+ to negate enemy psychic powers is really strong.

IMO wolf scouts aren't very strong. my experience with these guys is that they show up in the enemy's rear, shoot with 1 or 2 plasma shots, charge, lose the combat and get wiped. then the game continues as if they'd never lived...

Wells
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. Ill play around with the long fang squads a bit. The wolves are decent but with such low leadership i think they would break on turn one. Blood claws are prob better than sky claws for damage potential, i put them in thinking to use them to draw fire from the slower Grey hunters and be a mobile threat the opponent would be forced to deal with. Nijal is good but a little points heavy. Im thinking about taking a second rune priest to give cover saves to the whole army.

Mobious
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Well its a foot army so it suffers there, but with the theme you are trying to accomplish I would suggest the a coupe of things. First I think it would be best to have 2x Lascannons and 3 x Missile Launchers on the Long fangs. I personally do not like Plasma Cannons on them for a long list of reasons. And multi-meltas are too short ranged to serve a role on back-line long fangs. Lascannons give you the long range anti-tank that will let you peck away AV-13/14 from afar.

Everything else is part of your theme so . . . that's that. Oh and I do not consider Lash armies broken, I actually say they are far from it. You want to see broken? Here it is . . . Lmao

http://www.****************.com/2010/02/critical-mass-here-dead-lie.html

This list will make anyone's but hurt.

Wells
02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
my lash army was broken cause it was lash and 30 2/4 saving termies with icons. it went 36/1/0.

36 wins 1 draw and no losses is broke.