PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters vs. Bugs Help!

Sarkan Bloodfist
02-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I know this isn't world eaters best match up but I'm determined to try. Because the XIIth Legion knows no fear! Does anyone have any ideas on how these guys might win this fight while staying fluffy?

These are the parts I've figured out:
Kharne ignores obnoxious tyranid psychic powers
40+ srength 5 attacks + plasma pistols + power weapons or fists are enough to bring down a trygon and similar 2nd rank bug monsters.

I'd really like some help on this one. thanks.

Tynskel
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
As a long time Tyranid player, Bikers and Raptors make great counter attack units for World Eaters. The Bikers pepper the smaller units, and then charge together with Raptors to wipe them out. This is expensive, so I would choose one or the other for smaller games, and back them up with a Beserker Charge. I prefer the Bikes- they can keep their distance and force the Bug player to come to you. Chaos bikers have a crap load of attacks- especially with mark of khorne.

Then the Beserkers combined with back-up Khornate Terminators take out the big guys. Combi-plasmas!

A simple Predator Destructor can thin out the lines too. You should probably take 2 (why one when you can have two?).

Here's where a Defiler isn't bad: They have enough attacks to take down large beasties, where their initiative and weapon skill are not a drawback.

Pacific
02-17-2010, 05:09 AM
I agree about the Defiler, although a cunning Nid player might try and bog it down with a large squad of little gribblies. This could potentially remove the Defiler from the game.

Tynskel
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
well, then get outta ya rhinos and charge them with ya Beserkers. Don't let the Defiler get bogged down.

Sarkan Bloodfist
02-17-2010, 12:36 PM
cool. good ideas. thx.

theHman
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
From playing my nids vs my buddies CSM, here' some specific units you can take and kick butt with.

1 (2 if you like) - Demon prince w wings.
1x - unit of chosen w meltas in rhino (the bug hunters)
3+ x - Berzerkers in rhinos (no raider b/c that's another 'zerker squad)
1 - Defiler
1 - Greater demon (I should never have pointed out to him that his GD gets to assault the turn they deep strike).
1x havoc squad w missiles

It's not very flashy, but it'll definitely kick butt for you. Dice rolls willing of course.
Try to fit as many units of berzerkers in rhinos as you can.
Power fists on a charging 'zerker sarge is painful and can take care of any big Nid MC's.
And plasma pistols are also good to to put soften any targets up right before the charge.

The strategy of this list is to horde up your berzerkers as much as possible.

Hope this helps.