PDA

View Full Version : new orc and goblin book?

nathaniel
02-17-2010, 03:50 PM
on the photos posted on gw website today of the tour won by the megaprize winner there appears to be a O&G armybook on the shelf with a different picture on it? is my mind decieving me?

link here

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/common/xLargeArticleImage.jsp?mWidth=&mURL=/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m920026a_2010-02-17_3_873x627.jpg&mAlt=&mHeight=

Thoughts?

Herald of Nurgle
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
If it's a real book... I approve.

Orcs and Goblins are my favorite 'non evil' force in Fantasy (as in, not Chaos, DE, or Undead), and i'd love them to have an 8th Ed update :)

Randroid
02-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Hmmm...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S3zndEfdRXI/AAAAAAAAAw4/QWVC92Jro3c/s320/o%26g+cover.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/common/xLargeArticleImage.jsp?mWidth=&mURL=/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m920026a_2010-02-17_3_873x627.jpg&mAlt=&mHeight=

Interesting ....

Here is the current book:

http://www.battlebunker.com/images/GWArmy_Books/OrcsAndGoblinsArmyBook.jpg

Here is the 5th ed cover:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4008/54589800.jpg

If you look at the bottom left of the book in the picture from the GW studio you'll notice the distinct lack of the "Warhammer Armies" font, and what appears to be a large yellowish bit of art. The background of the book is also black or some other dark color and not a bright blue as is featured on the current book.

"Yeah well it is an older book cover" you say. Perhaps ... if you look closely you can see the telltale red outline of the current WHFB army book design and layout, but when compared to the 5th edition book cover for O&G there are similarities.

Notice the yellow spiky bits which seem to line up nicely with the picture from the GW tour (also the Warhammer Armies font is missing).

Is this is a new book? Probably not ... but still exciting to see! What do you think?

Randroid
02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Looks like I jumped the gun, this is probably just the 6th Edition book cover as seen here... (don't drink and post dude)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S30AuoUyjJI/AAAAAAAAAxQ/SflFpLRxz20/s320/Cover-Ork-06.jpg

asmodai650
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah, but check out the big black binder sitting next to it. it may just be the art work from the current and older army books, but the title under the clear cover says orcs and goblins...........:)

Aldramelech
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Goodbye

nathaniel
02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
At the very least the fact they have a 6th ed army book in the design studio, it means they are probably researching, which means new army book, which means :)

Aldramelech
02-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Goodbye

gcsmith
02-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Not quite it says more not new, Me thinks its either a small update, or new models, like plastic arrer boys and watever. Tho if this happens in may we may not see a new edit of fantasy this year. In addition they have ogre and TK, brets and others still to update to this edition, O&G are already in this edit,

TheBitzBarn
02-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Then me thinks you are crazy. This is the same way the announced in newsletter the Blood Angels upcoming release. This indicates new Orc and Goblin Army book before new Starter set and 8th edition.

Only hope is that the Ogres get one before the end of the year

gcsmith
02-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Actually the blood angels one said that a new book WAS coming, this just says more Orc and Goblin stuff, not a book. Could they do one? yes, is it logical, no. TBH if it does happen its the death of fantasy as its just become like 40k, with one book getting updated due to no reason and leaving others to die.

Aldramelech
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Goodbye

gcsmith
02-28-2010, 02:23 PM
why all this mystery for a new book. and with no rumours its strange. Unless Orks will be the only race in next edit of fantasy and thats the mystery

TheBitzBarn
02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually the blood angels one said that a new book WAS coming, this just says more Orc and Goblin stuff, not a book. Could they do one? yes, is it logical, no. TBH if it does happen its the death of fantasy as its just become like 40k, with one book getting updated due to no reason and leaving others to die.

I have to say that you make no sense what so ever Orc and Goblins could use a new book and being of of the Iconic Armies of fantasy the re-due is a GREAT idea. I do no t play them but they are VERY popular. They have needed anew book and the only one that are is Worse shape are Tomb Kings and Ogres and THEY are not as Important form a business sense as Orcs and Goblins are This makes good business sense

rbryce
03-01-2010, 06:00 AM
well, the GW site has orc and goblin REINFORCEMENTS up on the site for may. its an astronomican article, and point to more info coming over in aprils dwarf and on the site.

gcsmith
03-01-2010, 07:29 AM
the following sentence It's time to ready your army book and apply that final lick of paint to your not-quite-finished units of Orc Boyz or Gobbos... because exciting things are coming.

Says ready your army book, how could you do this if it was a new book, now it could be a lustria like release. or just new plastics, boar boys, trolls, (good for chaos) arrer boys, savage orc boys, and wyvren. Strange for a big wave so late after army release. However as long as brets get that attention im happy

Lord Azaghul
03-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Plastic savage anything would have been buying more models!!!

I would love it if eve one of my armies got an update anytime soon - that would pull me back into fantasy.

cypher623
03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Sort of hard to imagine why they would go to all of the trouble of creating new orc and goblins when EVERY special character, special and rare choice already have a model. This cannot be said for their latest "beauty" the Beast of Chaos" nor of the Skaven or Warriors of Chaos. If there isn't a new book on the horizon, which is desperately needed since O&G are supposed to be one of GW's foundation armies and thier list if completely lame, then what is the point of the new models. Of course, look at the releases of the model for AZhag (sp) and the models for the legion of the damned, beautiful models, completely mediocre on the tabletop and no new rules for either. Go figure. Could be more fire, ready aim for the guys at GW.

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Orcs and goblins are not uncompetative at all. Infact I left brets to do them because brets are so bad to do. O&G are in top 8 armies. Problem is they are hard to play uber. But all armies should be hard to play to best standard.

Nikephoros
03-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Orcs and goblins are not uncompetative at all. Infact I left brets to do them because brets are so bad to do. O&G are in top 8 armies. Problem is they are hard to play uber. But all armies should be hard to play to best standard.

If they are in the top 8, its at #8. I still don't think you'd find many people who would agree with them being top 8 though.

sebi81
03-02-2010, 06:47 AM
as said before, they wouldnīt say: "get your army book ready", if thereīs going to be a new one... a better text would have been: "throw your army book away..."
having said this, i donīt believe there will be a new book. but with the hole mistery about this, there will be something bigger than just some plastic archers or boar boys, i think. a new big model in plastik or something like that??? waaghboss on wyvern for example.
perhaps gw realised, that they could just update their books and not completely redo them and therefore keep it secret... but to be honest, i canīt really believe this.