PDA

View Full Version : 1750 List for First Tournament with Space Wolves

Damianhunter
02-19-2010, 01:36 AM
I've got a 1750 tournament coming up. I've played about 3 previous tournaments using Marines once and Vostroyans with Grey Knight support twice.

Now I've blown a fistful of dollars on the new Wolves, along with a lot of free marines from a friend. Got an excellent deal from the UK given that the NZ$ has been strong against Sterling in recent months. Hid them from the wife until she had the baby and was in a good mood!

I've got a Drop Pod, 2 Rhinos, 2 Razorbacks, a Dreadnought with Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer (could be Bjorn), 5 Terminators, a Wolf Lord in power armour, 8 ML Long Fangs and 4 with LC, 15 Blood Claws, 10 Wolf Scouts, 6 Wolf Guard w Power Fists and home made combi-flamers (fuel tank and nozzle from hand flamer added to a bolter), 42 Grey Hunters with 2 Plasma, 4 Meltas, and 4 Flamers. I also have Canis and a Rune Priest.

I have made up a couple of lists. I like the one with all the heroes but think its likely to get wasted so am really looking at a more conservative one. I like the idea of Bjorn as if he steams up the board he can do a lot of damage and if he gets killed all my marines become fearless.

List One (probably more sensible)

Bjorn 270
Rune Priest with Chooser of the Slain (Jaws and Living Lightening) 110
5 Wolf Scouts with Melta Gun and Mark of the Wolfen w Wolf Guard w Power Fist Combi Flamer and Melta Bombs 148
5 Wolf Scouts with Melta Gun and Mark of the Wolfen w Wolf Guard w Power Fist Combi Flamer and Melta Bombs 148
8 Grey Hunters with Melta Gun and Wolf Guard w Power Fist Combi Flamer and Rhino w EA 218
8 Grey Hunters with Melta Gun and Wolf Guard w Power Fist Combi Flamer and Rhino w EA 218
5 Grey Hunters with Melta Gun and Wolf Guard w Power Fist Combi Flamer 123
6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers and Razorback 180
6 Long Fangs with 3 Missile Launchers and 2 Lascannons and Razorback 210

Small Grey Hunter Squads are held in reserve (not literally but metaphorically) sitting in Long Fangs Razorbacks. Rhinos advance along with Bjorn covered by Long Fangs. Scouts come on eventually and create havoc with tanks or objective holders.

Was thinking of dropping the small squads and replacing with Grey Hunters in a drop pod to link with infiltrating or outflanking Scouts.

List Two

Bjorn 270
Canis 185
Rune Priest with Chooser of the Slain (Jaws and Living Lightening) 110
12 Blood Claws w Arjac Rock Fist 368
8 Grey Hunters with Melta Gun Rhino w EA 175
6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers and Razorback 180
6 Long Fangs with 3 Missile Launchers and 2 Lascannons and Razorback 210

Rhino and Razorbacks (with small squads) advance with Bjorn under cover of fire from Long Fangs. Arjac and Blood Claws and Canis follow behind for cover.

Any comments appreciated.

Unholy_Martyr
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I would choose the first list for obvious reasons with a few modifications to make it a little more fighty:

1) Give the Razorbacks to the Grey Hunters, you don't want your Long Fangs wasting time with Disembarking and such.

2) Drop the Wolf Guard and max out the top 2 squads so you can take 2 special weapons.Then, kit your puppies out with Mark of the Wulfen.

3) Drop the Extra Armor, you're not going to need it.

4) You can run the Rune Priest in one of 2 ways:

a)Attaching to the Long Fangs and adding fire support
b)Attaching to the Grey Hunters to harass Monstrous Creatures out of the top of the Rhino

I would go with the first choice as he stands a better chance of surviving and making hell for your oppnents.

5) I would see about converting the Priest to Njal and knocking Bjorn down to a regular Dreadnought. Njal would supplement this list like crazy; however, both bring a lot to the table and it also depends on where you place the Rune Priest.

These are just some big points I can hit on, gotta get back to work now but hope they helped.