PDA

View Full Version : Iron Warriors - 2,000 points

mercer
02-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Here's my Iron Warrior list. Been using this list for about 2 years now, though dropped Defilers and gone all Obliterator heavy support.

Please no silly comments about background because I do not care about it. I'm not going to leave out useful options, wargear or units to stick to background. If it looks like a Iron Warriors army then its a Iron Warriors army, so don't mention about background!

I have however been thinking of dropping the 3 x Obliterators and getting another unit of chaos space marines in with a rhino and plasma guns - thoughts?

Iron Warriors "Siegebreakers" - 2,000 points

HQ

1 x Daemon Prince wings, mark of nurgle & warptime

1 x Daemon Prince wings, mark of nurgle & warptime

Elite

5 x Chaos Terminators mark of tzeentch, chainfist, 3 x combi weapons & 1 x heavy flamer

5 x Chaos Terminators mark of tzeentch, chainfist, 3 x combi weapons & 1 x heavy flamer

Troops

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino icon of chaos glory & 2 x meltaguns - champion w/ power fist

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino icon of chaos glory & 2 x meltaguns

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino icon of chaos glory & 2 x plasma guns

Heavy Support

2 x Obliterators

2 x Obliterators

3 x Obliterators

Total: 2010

So I've got two Daemon Princes as my HQ's. These bad boys caom with mark of nurgle so they can take small arms fire better and warptime so they can really kick some *** in close combat. Its a shame you cannot tweak them some more but ah well. These guys deploy behind each of the Chaos Rhinos with the melta squads in, they'll get a 4+ cover save doing this. The melta Marines pop out the hatch and wreck a transport or put some wounds on a monstrous creature and then a Prince will roll in a mop up, though not before casting warptime!

The Chaos Terminators stay in reserve, unfortunately I have nothing which can give me a reserve bonus :( . With these guys it takes in the codex take combi weapons not a type of combi weapon. So I picked each load out before a game and inform my opponent what the Terminators are packing today. These guys teleport in where needed and wtihin 6" of a chaos icon so they don't scatter. With the heavy flamer they can BBQ troops and with the choice of combi weapons they can tackle power and terminator armour troops, vehicles and hordes. Sure the heavy flamer might not always suit this but it has its uses. I've added a chain fist into each squad as power weapons are already as it and the chain fist is a nice surprise for striking last, plus it lets me tackle vehicles if needed - this has worked several times including chopping a Land Raider to pieces! With mark of tzeentch they've got a better invulnerable which means I last longer against weapons which don't allow armour saves, very useful seems this guys often go up against monstrous creatures and other terminators.

I've done some Chaos Terminator tactica which can be found here if you want to take a peek - Chaos Terminator Tactica

I find that troops in the Chaos Space Marine codex can cost a lot, this is due to the champion which costs 15 points which gets you a extra attack and a fat load of nothing. The champion can compliment a squad but at 15 points just to access wargear its pricey, so I've had to do without the champions mainly. I would like to take another power fist to go with the other meltagun squad but its not happening.

All troops come in a Chaos Rhino for mobility and for some drive by shooting from the top hatch. I've got 2 squads of meltaguns to deal with vehicles and pop wounds on monstrous creatures, one squad has a champion with a power fist to assault after. The other squad has plasma guns to put the pain on power armour and terminator armour enemies along with monstrous creatures and light armour, if they must. All squads come with icons so the Terminators have a range of options where to deep strike.

Heavy support wise I'm packed in with Obliterators. These guys have it all from monstrous creature sniping, long range anti tank, true vehicle busting weapons, anti infantry and anti horde. These guys just shine and so much better than the mediocre Defilers.

A short discussion on Obliterators can be found here - Chaos Space Marine Obliterators

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!!

Unholy_Martyr
02-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Hmmm...what this list needs is some more cowbell!

Okay, no, it doesn't. As it stands I think it is very solid and well rounded. The only noteworthy point that I can even bother to make is possibly dropping an Obliterator from the 3 man unit and using his points to divy out some more Power Fists for your Champions.

You would still have 15 points left over for random gear (I subtracted the 10 from being 10 over). Maybe toss some Melta Bombs on the Champions to fill it out. Otherwise, I'm a fan.

mercer
02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
No point in having meltas bombs and power fists, though I have given the power fist jobbie some thought.