PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Angels of Secrecy Preview: Psychic Powers

Master Bryss
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
These are the powers I'm thinking of using for my Librarians. Two of them are taken from the current Codex, two from the old Codex, and three new ones. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Storm of the Emperor's Wrath: As per C:SM 4th edition. Basically a blast version of Smite.

Fury of the Ancients: As per C:SM 4th edition. A weaker version of Jaws of the World Wolf.

Force Dome, Gate of Infinity: These are as they were.

New ones:

Shutdown: The Librarian causes a resonating howl to be heard by a nearby Machine Spirit, rendering it near useless or indeed destroying it completely.

This is a psychic shooting attack that automatically hits an enemy vehicle within 12”. The vehicle immediately suffers D3 Glancing Hits. If a 6 is rolled for determining the number of hits, count it as one Penetrating Hit.
(This one is basically a modified Machine Curse).

Read Minds: In an instant the Librarian can see how the foe will move and how to penetrate their guard.

This power is activated in either player’s Movement Phase. The Librarian will hit any foe with a WS value on a 2+ that turn, and any attacks directed against the Librarian only hit on a roll of 6. In addition, the Librarian gains the Furious Charge and Counter-Attack rules. This power cannot be used in the same turn as Veil of Time.
(This one's completely new.)

Shatter Soul: The Librarian seizes the soul of the foe in his Warp-grip, and crushes it utterly.

This is a psychic shooting attack that automatically hits a single enemy non-vehicle model within 12”, with no line of sight required. Both players roll a D6 and add the Leadership of their respective models to the score. For every point the Librarian wins by, the enemy model suffers an AP2 Wound.
(Shorter range Mind War, if you will.)

As well as C+C on these, I'm open to new power suggestions. The theme of the Chapter is that it plays with Marine units but in a style more akin to Eldar. So less offensive power, I like stuff that annoys and confuses the opponent, not thwacks him with guns.

Atrotos
02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
'Read Mind' is pretty useless if you can cast Veil of Time instead. And 'Shutdown' is either too powerful (if it ignores Extra Armor and similar upgrades) or not powerful enough.

Man designing psychic powers is tough.

I'm really excited about this codex, Bryss. Don't take too long.

Master Bryss
02-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Changing Shutdown to something a bit more powerul.

Made Read Minds more powerful.

Swapped Veil of Time for Fury of the Ancients.

I'll take as long as I need. It's pretty big. Soon-ish expect previews of my basic Troop choice, and possibly Raxian Stormtroopers, so I can be SURE they're viable.