PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children Question (Titan related)

LoverzCry
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey there guys,

did the Emperors Children have a Titan in their corps back in the golden days? If so what was its name? And if not, did the Iron Hands have one? If I recall, Horus' legion had one with them but I'm not entirely sure. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Aaron

Gotthammer
02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
No - Titans are part of the Adeptus Mechanicus Collegia Titanica, also called the Adeptus Titanicus, totallyl seperate from the Legions.
While they served alongside the Legions and Army it was at the discression of the priests of Mars where they served. When fielded would have been nominally under the command of the local leader (such as Horus), but are technically autonomous.

david5th
02-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Thousand Sons kind of had one.

Sir Biscuit
02-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Looking for something like this?:

http://www.emperorschildren.net/wiki/index.php?title=Titans:Subjugator

rkiviman
02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
That link leads to a Chaos weapon for the EC. The pre-heresy EC didn't have a titan. Like it was said earlier in the thread the Titans were all under Mechanicus control broken down into great legions that were various houses of control on Mars.

sebi81
02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
the titans werenīt part of the space marine legions, but like imperial army the titans were part of the expeditionfleets of the great crusade.
so the "dies irae" was part of horus fleet and fought in the battle on istvaan, but it wasnīt part of the sons of horus. it had its own colors for example.
Iīm sure the emperorīs children had titans in their fleets, but not as part of the legion itself or in the legions colors.

david5th
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
In A Thousand Sons they have a titan.

Madness
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
It's still manned by princeps (not astartes) or possessed by a daemon.

david5th
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
It's still manned by princeps (not astartes) or possessed by a daemon.

Kind of right.;)

LoverzCry
02-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I know that they operated with Titans, I'm just trying to find out any specific names that went with them. It's guaranteed that at one point they served with perhaps even the Princeps of the Dies Irae, but I don't know. Does anyone know if it ever says that they served directly with any titans in the field? : /

Gotthammer
02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
When they were fighting the spider guys alongside the Lunar Wolves some Emperor's Children did serve alongside Dies Irae (and probably some other, unnamed, Death's Head titans).

Unfortunately so few titans have ever been named, fewer still traitor legion ones (and again even fewer pre-heresy), that you simply won't get the specifics you want.
For instance there are multiple titans with Horus, but they don't enter into the story so aren't named and are only occasionally refered to. Dies Irae only gets so much page time as it will later breach the walls of the Imperial Palace.
Aside from that event and the scouring of Tallarn titans are sadly seldom mentioned in the histories of the Heresy.

rkiviman
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Anytime there was major engagements involving the IG there are mentions of the Mechinacus with their titans. You're right they don't mention many named titans, but Horus did seem to use them. Where Horus just used the Marine legions there isn't a reference to them. It's hard to keep up with all the info coming with the Heresy novels and things are easy to miss. Titans seem to have played their part in the Great Crusade, because their are references to the many battle honors earned by them. When Horus destroyed the loyal elements from the traitor legions he used titans to get at them.