PDA

View Full Version : Somthing is odd here Good guys GW now?

Xaric
02-24-2015, 03:35 PM
The Harlequin Troupe gives you 6 models but in the codex to make a unit you need 4 players and 1 troop master that means you get 1 free model? Since when did GW start giving away extra models?

Cactus
02-24-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm waiting for someone to rant about how they have extra models lying around they can't use...

Captain Bubonicus
02-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Oh, it's not "free."

Aaron LeClair
02-24-2015, 07:01 PM
What is the unit max size, 10? If so man that is gonna suck having 2 extra models hanging around.. May have to use them for 'different' builds or something. its like they want us to be wysiwyg. But really, didn't some of the other eldar metal boxes come with 6 in a box also at one point?

Xaric
02-25-2015, 08:06 AM
its 1 troupe master and 4 players and may add a additional 7 players to the unit

Erik Setzer
02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
The Harlequin Troupe gives you 6 models but in the codex to make a unit you need 4 players and 1 troop master that means you get 1 free model? Since when did GW start giving away extra models?

Free? Where's my free model? I count six, which is how many I paid for. There are no free models in my box.

Oh, you're under the weird and completely wrong impression that GW only sells boxes of the minimum size and options, and we should fall to our knees in praise if they include anything beyond that? Yeah, that's not how it works. Otherwise, someone could say you get five free Tactical Marines in each box. Sounds silly, doesn't it? Of course it does, because it is. You're paying for all ten Tactical Marines, and you're paying for all six Harlequins.

Back in the old days, you could get a box of 36 Marines or Orks or IG or Squats. The first box of Harlequins had, IIRC, 26 models. Orks in 3rd edition came in boxes of 16 (or 12 for Stikkbommas). Warhammer Orc units came in boxes of 19 (16 plus 3 command models on another sprue). Some basic units such as High Elf Spearmen and Archers still come in boxes of 16, with Silver Helms being boxes of 8. Ogres come in boxes of six for Bulls and Ironguts. In none of these situations is that the minimum unit size.

This is no new phenomenon. Nor is it with the other companies that do the same.

Xaric
02-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Free? Where's my free model? I count six, which is how many I paid for. There are no free models in my box.

Oh, you're under the weird and completely wrong impression that GW only sells boxes of the minimum size and options, and we should fall to our knees in praise if they include anything beyond that? Yeah, that's not how it works. Otherwise, someone could say you get five free Tactical Marines in each box. Sounds silly, doesn't it? Of course it does, because it is. You're paying for all ten Tactical Marines, and you're paying for all six Harlequins.

Back in the old days, you could get a box of 36 Marines or Orks or IG or Squats. The first box of Harlequins had, IIRC, 26 models. Orks in 3rd edition came in boxes of 16 (or 12 for Stikkbommas). Warhammer Orc units came in boxes of 19 (16 plus 3 command models on another sprue). Some basic units such as High Elf Spearmen and Archers still come in boxes of 16, with Silver Helms being boxes of 8. Ogres come in boxes of six for Bulls and Ironguts. In none of these situations is that the minimum unit size.

This is no new phenomenon. Nor is it with the other companies that do the same.

okay so I can tell from the start you are ignorance and negative and have no real point to reason with you but I will humour you "free model" does not always mean cost via money it can also mean that its not compulsory to the unit this to me is great because if I ever wanted to make a objective marker of a harlequin statue I don't need to go out and buy a another box for 1 model my word of advice to you Erik is try and be a bit more optimistic and less pessimistic not everyone is out there to steal your money...

Charon
02-25-2015, 10:35 AM
not everyone is out there to steal your money...

Except for EA, GW,...

Mr Mystery
02-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Sadly, I cannot tolerate this level of baseless hyperbole.

Erik Setzer
02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
okay so I can tell from the start you are ignorance and negative and have no real point to reason with you but I will humour you "free model" does not always mean cost via money it can also mean that its not compulsory to the unit this to me is great because if I ever wanted to make a objective marker of a harlequin statue I don't need to go out and buy a another box for 1 model my word of advice to you Erik is try and be a bit more optimistic and less pessimistic not everyone is out there to steal your money...

I just demonstrated to you how this wasn't even remotely a new phenomenon with examples of prior units that included more than the minimum, stretching back to the earliest days of 40K and right up to modern examples.

Trying to call me "ignorant" is laughable. Following it up with claiming I have no point just because I demolished your point is also laughable. Being reduced to using "you're too negative!" as an argument shows just how laughable this all is.

It's not "negative" to point out a comment is inaccurate. It's just being honest. I'm sorry that you see honesty and truth as negative. I view lying as negative, and truth as positive.

odinsgrandson
03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
No, I think he's saying that GW would charge you the same amount if they had only put five minis in the box.

I don't find that implausible. I was kind of surprised that it was a six man box, rather than a five man box.