PDA

View Full Version : GW Army Painting Comp

Aldramelech
08-04-2009, 08:53 AM
So I went in to find out how to enter and was told that it could not be my existing army!

The comp ends Aug 28th.

How the hell do you paint (to a high standard) an army in a month!:confused:

oni
08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
What are you talking about?

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
It's a British Army Painting Comp

I started an Eldar list in June. Purchased and built all the models, and began planning and mixing up all the paints i'd need. In July, the competition 'began' here in Northampton. That's when I started painting of course

I chose this list:
Autarch on 'Vyper' - Power Sword
Autarch on Jetbike - Reaper Launcher
9 Guardian Jetbikes - inc. Warlock with Enhance, and 3 Shuriken Cannons
9 Guardian Jetbikes - inc. Warlock with Enhance, and 3 Shuriken Cannons
Falcon - Bright Lance, Holo Fields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines

Three guidelines:
- Simple List
- Simple Paint Scheme
- Simple Win!

Doesn't always work that way, though...

FirstLegion
08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I painted an entire Black Templar army last christmas time in a month, I think it was painted to a pretty high standard. I won't say it was easy though, I spent most of every day when I was not at work behind a brush.

RealGenius
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I've seen the Panda's Templars; they are to a high standard. I did the same, 30 days, including a display board and three objective markers. In fact a handful of people at our local game store did it as part of a contest. Each was a 2000 point army.

Now, besides you telling them, how do they know it is a new army? :)

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
As long as it is new content, it's fine - thats what I sort of got vibe-wise

It's rather obvious when you bring an existing army...

Aldramelech
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Guys I'm 38 years old, I need my 8 hours and my wife and daughter appreciate when I notice them once in a while lol

Rookie1
08-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Guys I'm 38 years old, I need my 8 hours and my wife and daughter appreciate when I notice them once in a while lol
I'm ten years younger, need not 8 hours of sleep and my girlfriend appreciates when I notice them once in a while, lol.
I fully agree.

But when was the comp started or even being announced? Maybe the participants could plan in advance. Not easy to evaluate from here.

An entire army in a month. Damn, I wouldn't achieve that, even though being a student (okay, with a part time job, sue me :p).

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm ten years younger, need not 8 hours of sleep and my girlfriend appreciates when I notice them once in a while, lol.
I fully agree.

But when was the comp started or even being announced? Maybe the participants could plan in advance. Not easy to evaluate from here.

An entire army in a month. Damn, I wouldn't achieve that, even though being a student (okay, with a part time job, sue me :p).
At least it's only 1000 points... anymore and we'd die from failtacularness

The Plastic Surgeon
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
A painted army in a MONTH? I'd get cross eyed!