PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Pics Arrive

Bigred
02-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Here is the first batch, courtesy of Scryer in the Darkness. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4413251&postcount=301)

Looks to be the Tactical Squad and new Baal.

-It has begun...

rbryce
02-20-2010, 10:47 AM
i can see some of the detailing on the baal landing on some exorcists/immolators in my area...
like the gems as well, the ones on the amour. no sign of combi-weapons though, so the search continues

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-21-2010, 12:48 AM
if and thats a big IF thats anything to go by, then I find those kits pretty underwhelming. Looks like the same visually undistinct "red marines with blood drops". I guess ill wait and see until the proper kits come out and we get to see more until I can make a more educated opinion/assessment, but that doesnt look too promising IMO.

fuzzbuket
02-21-2010, 03:56 AM
If you click on scryers link the page has the full shot inc another rhino and tycho, but It looks like the same sculpt?:(

energongoodie
02-21-2010, 04:56 AM
That sergeant looks bobbins! He seems to have match stick legs!?

sangrail777
02-21-2010, 05:07 AM
well sholder pads and a lil leg bits is a decent start. and the helmets are getting there. all in all I like.

DarkLink
02-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Is it just me, or is the veteran style squad in Scryer's pics just a squad of sternguard painted red?

That sergeant looks bobbins! He seems to have match stick legs!?

They can be like us Grey Knights, with skinny legs:D

Melissia
02-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it really doesn't look like much more than normal Marines with maybe a few more details added in. Seems like they could have done a conversion pack for this rather than a brand new set of sculpts. I kinda expected them to look more distinct somehow rather than so... generic?

RocketRollRebel
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it really doesn't look like much more than normal Marines with maybe a few more details added in. Seems like they could have done a conversion pack for this rather than a brand new set of sculpts. I kinda expected them to look more distinct somehow rather than so... generic?

Yeah an ad on would have been cheaper for GW but eh. I dont really think that the BA marines should look that different that normal marines, just more ornate I'd say. Plastic Baal kit will be great tho! I'm sick of just having one :p. I'm hoping to see these supposed BA Scouts that we heard about a while back. Road warrior looking scout minis got me very excited. I hope that that still pans out.

wittdooley
02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm guessing we're seeing very little of what the new stuff on the sprues will be. I think the only dude you can get any indication from is the power fist Marine, and his chest piece is noticeably different than a standard marines.

MarneusCalgar
02-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I like the pics very much, April gets nearer and Bloody Angels will spread their wings!!

silashand
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Looks like yet another marine chapter that specializes in meltas... :-/

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-22-2010, 12:02 AM
IMO, they should of gone the dante/mephiston route army-wide. At least those sculpts have a strong visual feel to them. At least, it should be an option I reckon... dont get the appeal of generic marines with blood-drops sculpted on em, anyone care to explain that appeal ?

MarneusCalgar
02-22-2010, 08:27 AM
The new codex picture? As with Wolves, Tyranids, Beastmen and Skaven, WD pic has also been the codex pic...

WD #364

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m930052a_web_WD364_no-straps.jpg

Madness
02-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Hm, the artwork feats some decoration, but it's still very close to standard as it always was, shame they got rid of the black shoulder trim definetly, all that red with no accents is rather dull.

MarneusCalgar
02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes, I totally agree...

Madness
02-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Wonder if they will remember that assault marines (that includes bikes and speeders) have yellow helmets, while devastators (which might have had included other heavy support option back then, such as predator crewmen, not as relevant today since suddenly they have become half techmarines).

Snyderson
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
The good old BA lore from Angels of Death:
Tactical: red pads with black rim; sergeants and squad leaders black pads with red rim. red helmets.
Assault: red pads with black rim; sergeants and squad leaders black pads with red rim. yellow helmets.
Honor Guard: red pads with black rim; sergeants and squad leaders black pads with red rim.golden helmets.
Devastor: red pads with black rim; sergeants and squad leaders black pads with red rim. blue helmets.

I'm not sure if Dantes Honour Guard was supposed to be all golden like himself...

archimbald
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM

yeah it looks to me like they're just add ons or maybe even a conversion kit like with BT and DA

Madness
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
In Angels of Death it was "golden" helmet only, in quotes since they didn't actually use gold metallic paint but a weird pseudo nmm paintjob. The heraldry was repeated as-is on both "how to paint space marines" and the pdfdex.

Wolfshade
02-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Thinking of the colours they were originally Blood Angels Red rather than Blood Red, and was more orange then Blood Red. Its slightly annoyed as I have a chunk of my army in BA Red and a chunk in B red. Of course, that was "back in the day" when you could get Spray Paints of the 4 marines Blood Red, Dark Angels Green, Ultra Marines Blue and Space Wolf Grey/Blue (if forget which word they used) as wel as the Chaos Black / Skull White.

Deej
02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Thinking of the colours they were originally Blood Angels Red rather than Blood Red, and was more orange then Blood Red. Its slightly annoyed as I have a chunk of my army in BA Red and a chunk in B red. Of course, that was "back in the day" when you could get Spray Paints of the 4 marines Blood Red, Dark Angels Green, Ultra Marines Blue and Space Wolf Grey/Blue (if forget which word they used) as wel as the Chaos Black / Skull White.

I've no idea why they discontinued those chapter-specific spray cans - they were ace!

Aldramelech
02-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Goodbye

pgarfunkle
02-23-2010, 07:40 AM
No new Blood Angels pics in the new White Dwarf that I could spot, just the one we've just seen. Makes me sad :( lol

Duke
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Seriously... I want more pics! Feed my insatiable hunger for BA rumours.

Duke

MarneusCalgar
02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Me too!!!

Madness
02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
*Puts a chaplain in the thread*

Duke
02-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Grrr, madness... How dare you put a Chaplain in the thread and quell my red thirst!

Duke

Wolfshade
02-24-2010, 02:25 AM
LOL :D

Although I want BA stuff, neither my wife nor my bank balance do :'(

Madness
02-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Hint: sell one and leave the other one untouched, I won't say which is which tho.

pgarfunkle
02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
My girlfriend is getting sick of my growing impatience for new BA stuff. So I now have a new game; seeing how long I can talk about GW before her eyes start to roll and she tries to change the subject lol

Wolfshade
02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
No, you need to keep them on your side, annoying them will only mean the removal of such privelages of dinner, washing up, ability to walk round without black eyes....

Aldramelech
02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Goodbye

rbryce
02-24-2010, 10:46 AM
So I now have a new game; seeing how long I can talk about GW before her eyes start to roll and she tries to change the subject lol

i do this when she watches come dine with me repeats. it bad enough i have to see it once, but again and again and again...

Vive le revolution!(please excuse my french;) )

pgarfunkle
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
No, you need to keep them on your side, annoying them will only mean the removal of such privelages of dinner, washing up, ability to walk round without black eyes....

Lol I tend to do most of the cooking, we share the washing up and she knows where to hit that doesn't leave a visible bruise lol

Exactly rbryce in return for watching that and Britains got x factor etc I get to talk about GW lol

Fabricator General
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm getting excited for the new BA Codex. This is my favorite army.

Bigred
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Philbrad lists the contents (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4428059&postcount=688) of the Blood Angels upgrade sprue:

5x Bolt Pistols
4x Chainswords
1x 2-handed Chainsword
5x Bolter arm sets
2x Hand Flamers
2x Melta Pistols
2x Plasma Pistols
1x Power Sword
1x Thunderhammer
1x Powerfist
5x Jump Packs
5x Backpacks (one with what looks like a iron halo)
5x Legs (running, 2 with tabbard/loincloths)
5x Torso front/ backs
8x Heads (hard to make out but looks like 5 helmeted 3 bare)
18x Shoulder pads
1x combat knife
1x pair small wings (possibly for Jump Pack or officer shoulderpad)

Look for pictures in the near future.

Force21
02-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Philbrad lists the contents (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4428059&postcount=688) of the Blood Angels upgrade sprue:

5x Bolt Pistols
4x Chainswords
1x 2-handed Chainsword
5x Bolter arm sets
2x Hand Flamers
2x Melta Pistols
2x Plasma Pistols
1x Power Sword
1x Thunderhammer
1x Powerfist
5x Jump Packs
5x Backpacks (one with what looks like a iron halo)
5x Legs (running, 2 with tabbard/loincloths)
5x Torso front/ backs
8x Heads (hard to make out but looks like 5 helmeted 3 bare)
18x Shoulder pads
1x combat knife
1x pair small wings (possibly for Jump Pack or officer shoulderpad)

Look for pictures in the near future.

Awesomeness.

rbryce
02-25-2010, 02:08 AM
what! *splutters tea everywhere*, you mean i can now , finally, convert up a twin inferno pistol seraphim without buying 2 canonesses to do it? holy crap on a cracker. and an eviscerator. is this blood angels or sisters of battle?

Wolfshade
02-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Lol I tend to do most of the cooking, we share the washing up and she knows where to hit that doesn't leave a visible bruise lol

Exactly rbryce in return for watching that and Britains got x factor etc I get to talk about GW lol

Its time like this I am glad that I haven't fixed my TV arial for past 3 years :)

Loving the contents of the sprues, looks like I'll have to get a company of assault marines :)

AWESOMENESS

pgarfunkle
02-25-2010, 03:59 AM
OK GW time for some advanced orders to go up.... Please!

Snyderson
02-25-2010, 04:18 AM
So I finally can get rid of all my 'not so much liked' (read: 'hated') 2nd-edition CC-Weapons?!
Jesus Christ! Christmas is early this year!!! :D

Can't wait for the pre-order to start... :eek:

Madness
02-25-2010, 07:44 AM
So I finally can get rid of all my 'not so much liked' (read: 'hated') 2nd-edition CC-Weapons?!
Jesus Christ! Christmas is early this year!!! :D

Can't wait for the pre-order to start... :eek:
:( but they are so damn cute.

Duke
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm hesitant to change anything right now... Please give us some pre-orders

Warpath
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
ok so, please correct me if im missing something here.... DA upgrade sprue is 20 bucks... a squad of assault marines are about 26.5 bucks... now this BA sprue you can put toghether 5 assault marines fully equipped, even veteran marines with all that gear.... paying 6 bucks less.... assuming the cost of the sprue will be 20 dolars.

Is it just me or this sounds really that awesome?

Madness
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Jump packs.

Duke
02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I would be suprised if it was only 20 bucks for one of the upgrade sprues. 5 Jump packs alone is $8 on the GW website.

Duke