PDA

View Full Version : 400 pt Crimson Fist Mobile Combat Patrol List

PedroKantor
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey all, wanted to get some comments on this Combat Patrol List.... I've played it once against a Dark Angels Attack Bike List and it won, but just barely.

Land Speeder Storm
-Multi-Mela

Land Speeder Storm
-No upgrades

10x Scout Squad
- Powerfist
- 5x Bolters
- 4x CCW

2x Land Speeder Squadron
- 4x Heavy Bolters

Thoughts are to combat squad the scouts... place the CCW/Powerfist in the Melta Storm
have them infiltrate, scout move, then try and pop any vehicles first turn (assuming I get first turn that is)
the bolter scouts go in the other Storm and just hold back and stay out of the fight and try and grab and object towards the end (or just go into the fight if there are no objectives)
the 4x HB Speeders, just sit back and shoot and then perhaps contest an objective towards the end.
I like this list but it does have the potential to be very fragile against say some lootas or devastators...

Would appreciate other folks thoughts.
-eric

Tynskel
02-20-2010, 01:17 PM
I recommend switching the Bolters to Shotties. You'll be able to shoot n' scoot, if you need to. Flexibility is what your list seems to be all about. Give a Shotty to the Sgt too.

PedroKantor
02-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I recommend switching the Bolters to Shotties. You'll be able to shoot n' scoot, if you need to. Flexibility is what your list seems to be all about. Give a Shotty to the Sgt too.

Thats actually a good idea... will try it next game and report back!

Tynskel
02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Devastators n' Lootas could be a problem- but you do have a fair amount of firepower yourself. Combined with infiltrate and scout moves- you could be all over a devastator squad.

Devastators are also very expensive- I'll doubt you'll see one.

What I would be more concerned over is Assault Cannon Razorbacks. Those things eat Land Speeders for lunch. That, and, Hive Guard.

Lootas are a problem for everyone, but 3 Hv Bolters will kill lootas as fast as lootas kill you.