PDA

View Full Version : 1500 nids

gcsmith
02-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Any Ideas Im building my army but cant really settle my mind on a list, especially when analysing what you need in a list, i just cant fit the ability to trash 30 men 2 transport and etc in one turn :( any help at all, I wanna use a tyranid prime as HQ as i think its most cost affective and hopefully a doom of malantai. Any help?

Sir Biscuit
02-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Care to post what your thinking about using? It'd be nice to know what models you have. Otherwise, just search the web (or this forum) for 'nids lists. They're all over.

gcsmith
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Atm I have 20 nids and the brood lord from SH which im painting (best models ive ever done) but nothing else Yet, I would like to do an elite army to start with so warrs and genes, and work on from there. So have a competative Elite army and then slowly take it to the best army. So atm genes, maybe warrs as second troop. Now elites I want doom and then i dnt no weather some zoans or some Hive or one squad of each. Plus FA and Heavy also have me baffeled. Im not good with elite lists in history, never having really been able to make any lists like that work :p so some help would be good :p

Jolyas
02-26-2010, 08:26 AM
ok, let me see-..... try this

HQ
Swarmlord

Elite
Doom + Spore
Zoan x 2
Zoan x 2

Line
Warr x 4 + Barbed stragler
Warr x 4 + Barbed stragler
Hormas x 20 + toxic
Hormas x 20 + toxic

Fast
Gargoyles x 20

HS
Tyranofex + rupture

or can take off th SL and use just a Hive Tyrant with guards

Doom and zoans are a "must"

sorry my ingles suck :S

gcsmith
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Um that list is at least 1470 without the goyles :p but it looks quite cool, Tho I would drop 1 unit of horms to give the warrs Bones

gcsmith
02-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Hmm How about this
Tyranid Prime, Lash whip and Bonesword, Toxin Sacs. -105

Doom with pod with venom cannon -150
2 zoans 120
2 zoans 120
4 warriors with bonesword laships, venom, sytals, toxin - 215
4 warrs with boneswords lashwips, venom, sytals toxin - 215
20 hormgaunts, toxin -160

Now I could take either a Rupture Cannon Tyranoo, but im thinking more Trygon with adrenal.
Trygon adrenal 210

This leaves me with 300 points so... what should I take. The Tyranid Prime will go in the pod with the doom to protect him from things like lascannons and meltas for a turn or two and then cause some havoc.
Horms will take out things like mass troops or monsters. Bye Bye deamon princes, and my trygon will defo take some vehicles and mass units, and maybe monsters, Obv zoans will take out tanks or squads.

So I have 4 'reliable' anti tank shots. Nice combat. And A reasonable amount of models.
I can take a Drop poddy anti something unit,
So like maybe Another trygon with adrenal and some toxin gargs for portable cover and some more anti monster etc. What do you think.

Fizyx
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Doom cannot be joined by the Tyranid Prime as the independent character is not allowed to join units that always consist of one model.

gcsmith
02-27-2010, 02:53 AM
hmm it says May never join a single model and then can join other characters which are single models. Does that even make sense

Fizyx
02-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Page 48 is pretty clear

Independent Characters:

May join units of multiple models.
May join a single model IF it could be taken as a unit of multiple models (single carnifex, single hive guard, single zoanthrope, etc)
May NOT join a unit that always consists of a single model (DoM, PoM, Trygon, Tervigon, Mawloc, etc.)
May join another independent character, but the Tyranid Prime is the only IC in the new 'dex, so you would be limited to joinging another tyranid prime, which is kind of silly IMO.

gcsmith
02-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Parasite is a Independent character. anyway I've thought for doing something like

2 zoans 120
2 zoans 120
20 hormgaunts, toxin, adrenal -200
5 Fly warrs, lash whips, toxin - 275
10 gargs (cover for fly wars) -60

This is 1465 and provides a lot of flexibility. While battle cannon armies may do damage. My zoans should be in range sooner or later. And my Doom can trash a lot. I can take out Monsters with ease. and troops as well. Vehicles should be ok and In general its strong. What do nid vets rate

gcsmith
02-28-2010, 03:18 AM
So what do people think of my last list.

Fizyx
02-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Honestly the Zoanthropes really should be in a Spore. The 18" range just really kills them when they start at the table edge. A Mycetic Spore, while not always coming in on turn 2, will at least be able to get off a shot before dying to the inevitible fire it will be taking. Remeber, although they have a 3+ invluln, they are the equivelant of two marines vs. high volume of fire. This is just my take after playing a dozen games with Zoes out of pods. I now never leave home without it.

gcsmith
02-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Well i could drop the gargs for 2 drop pods. but i only have 2 pod models

Grimcron
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
01 Tyranid Prime (Bonesword/Scything Talon)
02 Hive Guard
02 Hive Guard
01 Doom in Mycetic Spore
05 Genestealer (Broodlord, 05 Toxin Sacs)
05 Genestealer (Broodlord, 05 Toxin Sacs)
19 Hormaguant
19 Hormaguant
03 Warrior (Bonesword/Rending Claw)
03 Warrior (Bonesword/Rending Claw)
01 Harpy (TL HVC, Cluster Spines)
01 Harpy (TL HVC, Cluster Spines)

1500pts.

With this, NOBODY wants to engage you in CC. You have Hive Guards to take out transport and Harpy to stun/shake vehicles till the rest hit the lines. Go after the troops with this list. My experience so far, people will shoot Hive Guard as top priority so make sure to put them behind a screen or cover.

gcsmith
03-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Hmm i personally want some zoans for anti and no genes really. In my list i might swap 2 zoans to hive guard, and swap the shrikes to a trygon etc and drop the gargs.

Jolyas
03-01-2010, 08:09 AM

good choice, I think is one of the best to lead a swarm

drop the cannon, take TL deathspiter is cheaper :D

2 zoans 120
2 zoans 120

nice ones :D

I think they are of the most deadly in CC, you will Join with HQ?

20 hormgaunts, toxin, adrenal -200

nice cover save with legs :P

5 Fly warrs, lash whips, toxin - 275
10 gargs (cover for fly wars) -60

I think they are very expensive in points,just for 5 Fly warr.

now if you are looking for cover for flying warriors, use the swarm, that in wounds vs wounds are better than the gargoyles, and cheaper!

I still feel like your missing in your list monstrous creatures

gcsmith
03-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Well i was thinking I could just drop the venom on pod as i have 2 venoms on warriors. drop the fling warrs and gargs that gives me 390 to spend, enough for a Trygon with adrenal, and harpy with twin venom or a tyrant, or something. What do you think

gcsmith
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Well heres a New list :P many shall be done till I get the best come back and people think its as good/cheese as i can get.

Tyranid Prime, Toxin Sacs Boneswords rending or Sything -100

4 warriors Boneswords & lashwips, sytals or rending or devourers, Venom Cannon and toxin sacs. - 215
4 warriors Boneswords & lashwips, sytals or rending or devourers, Venom Cannon and toxin sacs. - 215
20 hormigaunts adrenal and toxin - 200

Doom of malantai with spore pod - 130
2x Zoans - 120
2x zoans - 120

Trygon with adrenal glands - 210

Now with the last 190 points what should I get, really cant decide, Harpy with TW HVC, carni or mawlock or something similar, Or even horde, any of you with more experience.

Jolyas
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
by 190 points I would take:

3 biovore - 135

and make the trygon a trygon prime

Tynskel
03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
19 Devourer gaunt squad....

oooh. I like the 3 Biovores.

drop maybe 4 Hormagaunts and use rest of the points for a Termagant squad. ~20 wounds.

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 01:58 AM
why biovores?
also Surely the devs are better podding

Jolyas
03-02-2010, 05:54 AM
biovores can shoot 48" S4 AP4 large blast and barrage, and that means, pinning and shoot without line of sight
If fail the instinctive behavior test, always shoot, do not need a creature synaptic to keep then fire

gcsmith
03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
hmm well ill buy the core of the list and play about

gcsmith
03-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Well looking at my list I have combat covered, at least against meq, and small elite armies. I can take out several monstrous creatures quite easily and can take out some tanks, now Hordes will be a problem but so is getting my men across the board, so maybe 3 biovores, or 2 units of 2?

Hopefully i can convert a lot of this from warrior models, Warrior based zoans and biovores :p

gcsmith
03-03-2010, 09:21 AM
well either biovores or more gaunts for moving cover and some anti horde ability