PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy

Emperorsmercy
02-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Hello, its me.

I have just been looking at getting into fantasy and, sliughtly overwhelmed by choice, have been wondering exactly what to get. :confused: I have just bought the rulebook.

The first thing I wondered, is Battle for skull Pass worth buying? Is it useful to get?

Is there a particular army you'd recomend to a Beginner?

If not BFSP, is there anything esle you could suggest?

Help would be massivly appreciated! :D

Aldramelech
02-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Goodbye

Mazelf
02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
hey! well pretty much any army is good for beginners (except for wood elves imo they have a very different style of composition/play and are more of an advanced players army) in the end it all depends on what you like more, evil or good? lots of cheap, throwaway troops or small elite expensive (pointswise) units? for a beginner I would recommend an empire or high elves army, both are very well rounded and have some hitting power, empire is more of an all around jack of all trades army with some very strong units and warmachines, elves are more elite, surgical strike kind of army, ASF is kickass for those games when youre still getting the hang of WHFB and will probably be charged a lot...
if you are more of an evil races kind of guy warriors of chaos is probably a good choice they have awesome foot warriors and some very nice magic/artifacts...

Also Id stay away from ogre kingdoms and tomb kings armies, they just cant keep up with the current books...

(altho both or at least one of them are supposed to be getting new books this year)

good luck and have fun!