PDA

View Full Version : New 28mm Ancient Chinese Warring States historical and fantasy miniature range

Joe Krone
03-10-2015, 07:08 PM
March 10, 2015 Update

We are essentially two weeks away from our Kickstarter (Monday, March 23) and we are trying to get a few things polished so we can show them off to you. Today I would like to present to you a few different things. Firstly, we have some work in progress shots of our cavalry. They are not done yet but we thought you might like to see the progress. Secondly, we have a few new concept art pieces showing off another look of the Chinese dragon and introducing some of the army support choices that will be in our Stretch Goals. Lastly, I received in the mail our metal master castings of our infantry and general on foot. I was excited to show everyone how they looked so I threw some ink on them and took a few pictures. The pieces have not been cleaned, polished or altered in any way other than adding the black wash. I hope you like what you see and join us for the Kickstarter. We should have a few more updates for you later this week or early next week leading into the Kickstarter. I posted the pictures and more information on our website at https://watchfulistudio.wordpress.com/ and be sure to Like us on Facebook.

The Warring States range will include the core elements of an ancient Chinese army including infantry equipped with a wide range of weaponry, light and heavy chariots, various types of cavalry and the officers to lead them. Building on top of the core range will be two more launches including a fantasy element and support troops such as animated Terracotta warriors, dragons, undead warriors, exorcists, war engines, siege bows, shield-bearers, and war drums to name a few.

For more information check out

https://watchfulistudio.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/watchfulistudio

Product Briefing

Range: Warring States / Qin Dynasty (475 – 206 B.C.)
Wave 1: Core Product allowing players to build the mainstay of Chinese armies
1. General including various head and arm options
2. Infantry including unarmored, light, and heavy infantry with head and weapon options
3. Chariots including light, heavy and officer’s chariots
4. Cavalry including light, heavy and nomadic cavalry
Historical Origin: China
Scale: 28mm
Casting Material: Metal (Plastic depending on Kickstarter results)
Manufactured in the USA

Wave 2: Fantasy Product Range as a possible supplement opened up in the Stretch Goals portion of the Kickstarter
1. Fu Dogs
2. Terracotta Soldiers
3. Fangshi Exorcist
4. Undead
5. Hu-Hsien
6. Fangshi Necromancer
7. Dragon
8. Phoenix
Historical Origin: China
Scale: 28mm
Casting Material: Metal
Manufactured in the USA

No force would not be complete without the myriad of war machines and support options that make fielding armies unique. Adding a variety of support choices can turn your standard army into a potent offensive force or a immovable solid stone wall. The army support options maintain a more historical feel to the army and may be included in both historical and fantasy games.

Wave 3: Army Support Product Range as a possible supplement opened up in the Stretch Goals portion of the Kickstarter
1. Shieldbearers
2. Alternate poses for archers and crossbowmen
3. Repeating crossbowmen
4. Giant crossbows
5. Siege bows
6. Catapults
7. Additional heroes
Origin: China Scale: 28mm
Casting Material: Metal

Watchful I Studio was created as a gaming company back in May of 2014 and will be producing all types of miniatures, card games, board games, and other gaming accessories for both the historical and fantasy markets. Their first product range will be 28mm historical and fantasy miniatures focusing on the Chinese Warring States and Qin Dynasty period. The company will be embarking on their initial Kickstarter launching Monday, March 23rd at 12pm EST.