PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts Space Wolves Footsloggers

miteyheroes
02-22-2010, 04:39 AM
1000 pts force to be used in an in-store trial of the new Battle Missions book in 2 weeks time. I know I'll be going up against a large Nid Hoard and at least a few space marine armies. Everyone else is quite combat-heavy, I'd like to be more shooty & defensive but still able to kick *** in combat if needed.

I have plenty of spare basic dudes with bolters, special or heavy weapons, so could swap load-outs or even add an extra Grey Hunter squad.
I could probably also get ready any one different squad? Do I need Blood Claws? Wolves? I haven't yet got any vehicles, and there's no chance I could complete them in time for the game. They'll be added later, but not in time for this. Sorry!

The army is Mechanicus themed, so the Iron Priests have to stay...

I could even switch to C:SM, but I don't think they'd be as cost-effective?

HQ
Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Power Weapon

ELITES
Iron Priest, 2 Heavy Bolter servitors, 1 plain servitor
Iron Priest, 2 Heavy Bolter servitors, 1 plain servitor

TROOPS
10 Grey Hunters, 2 Meltas
10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasmas
10 Grey Hunters, 2 Flamers

HEAVY SUPPORT
6 Long Fangs, 2 Heavy Bolters, 3 Missile Launchers
6 Long Fangs, 1 Heavy Bolter, 4 Missile Launchers

the jeske
02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
What are you going to do if a MC or a walker gets in to hth with you and how do you plan to counter IC without being able to instant death them ?
The rune priest is the best HQ space wolf have and the cheapest too and you take a WGB with a power weapon [less then one meq dead per turn in hth and he gets instant killed because of IC status] , I dont understandt it.

third thing GH load outs . flamers on sloggers ? why . every horde plays mecha or has fleet or has 12" charge you will never be in range to use them and they will really have problems with hurting meq [because you dont have the rhino to get in to range ] .
fourth thing the IP , now I understand it is the flavor of the list etc But why not use counts as or something . your taking 2 KP worth of serivtors with 4 heavy bolters . the same could be dont with a third unit of long fangs , and the save the unit have would be better.
as the long fangs go. there are two set ups 5xRL and 3xRL2xLC , hvy bolters arent so good unless you plan to see a lot of land speeders or eldar bikes[on tables without cover].

miteyheroes
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
That all makes sense! Dropping an IP to get some of the suggested upgrades gives me:

HQ
Rune Priest - 100

ELITES
Iron Priest w/ 2 Heavy Bolter servitors & 1 plain servitor - 90

TROOPS
10 Grey Hunters inc. 2 Meltas, 1 Power Fist - 180
10 Grey Hunters inc. 2 Meltas, 1 Power Fist - 180
10 Grey Hunters inc. 2 Plasmas, 1 Power Fist - 185

HEAVY SUPPORT
6 Long Fangs inc. 2 Heavy Bolters, 3 Missile Launchers - 130
6 Long Fangs inc. 1 Heavy Bolter, 4 Missile Launchers - 135

Will pop into GW on Thursday to pick up bits for the power fist dudes.

Mobious
02-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Really consider grabbing some Rhinos or Razorbacks too. Mech is what will win you games. It gives you mobility and protection. Meaning you can actually cap objectives outside of your deployment zone, and will not get rolled over by things like Termagants.

I also suggest 2 Heavy Bolters and 3 Missile Launchers on the Fangs.

miteyheroes
02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, rhinos will be coming as soon as possible. But they won't be ready in two weeks, sadly!