PDA

View Full Version : Horde 2000 point Nids :)

foostoofoo
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Well mainly horde anyway :)

So here it is:

HQ
Hive tyrant, lash whip and bonesword, talons, leech essence, paroxysm, hive commander, old adversary - 220
(I know he doesn't have any guard but personally I have found them expensive for what they are, and not worth the points IMO)

Hive tyrant, wings, 2 TL devourers, leech essence, paroxysm, old adversary - 270

Troops
20 Hormagaunts - 120

20 Termagaunts - 100

20 Termagaunts - 100

20 Termagaunts - 100

Elites
2 Zoanthropes - 120
Mycetic spore - 40

2 Zoanthropes - 120
Mycetic spore - 40

3 Hive guard - 180

Fast Attack
18 Gargoyles, toxin sacs - 125

18 Gargoyles, toxin sacs - 125

Heavy Support
Mawloc - 170

Mawloc - 170

Total: 2000 points on the head :)

So comments and improvements would be greatly appreciated :)

Unholy_Martyr
02-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Well, I'm not a bug player myself; however, after facing them for as long as I have, I might have some advice for you my antennae laden friend.

1) I'm not sure exactly what's going on with your Tyrants; but it looks like your Winged Tyrant is shooty and your Foot Tyrant is Clost Combat oriented. Switch them around so they can actually take advantage of their wargear?

2) I'm going to assume that the Gargoyles are going to act as a screen for the Flying Tyrant? This would be advisable so that he can get in the fray and be extra crunchy. I've seen Toxin go either way, just don't go after vehicles if you use it.

3) Shed a few Gargoyles, and some Termagaunts and Take your Troop choice Tervigons. It'll be priceless to see your opponent crying on the inside when they realize that there are even more bugs than they originally thought.

That's all I can add from my experience. Looks pretty intimidating to say the least. Wish you well and hope no one pulls out a giant can of Raid on you :-)

Tynskel
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
The gargoyles are 126 not 125

18*7=126

I would Ditch one squad of Gargoyles. Swap out a Mawloc for a Tyrannofex w/ acid spray and Regeneration. Then add 2 Gargoyles to the 18 winged squad.

This will make your opponent have to choose between the Tyrant or the Tyrannofex. You run those two right next to each other (maybe the Tyrannofex in front) Have the Mawloc run up too, burrow when needed. Every turn you run those big beasties. The Tyrannofex will be really scary it gets to re-roll in combat with the Tyrant, and all the other bugs.

foostoofoo
02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
@Unholy Martyr

1) The winged tyrant is shooty becase his old adversary rule gives him preffered enemy anyway so talons are pointless. As for the walking tyrant, he is a more of a solid base for synapse and is designed to be for combat as he will be constantly be moving up with the rest of the force.

2) Yes and also to hunt MC's.

3) I have tried using tervigons in games and play testing, and to me they just kinda suck. Yes they can spawn gaunts and sit on objectives, but I personally found them too unreliable and too random, they are a lot to rely on.

@Tynskel, oh ye sorry my bad :P

And as for the removal of a mawloc, to me it kinda makes the other one a bit less......meaningful. The army is designed to get in the face, and I believe replacing a mawloc with a tyrannofex is guna cut some of its effectivness.

But I will defo test out your suggestions guys and will see how things work :)

Tynskel
02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Another option, if you want IN YA FACE bugs is to replace the Mawloc with a Screamer Killer in a Pod.

195 Screamer Killer
Carnifex, Frag Spines, Bio Plasma, Adrenal Glands
50 Spore Pod
Pod, Twin-Linked Deathspitter (or Cluster Spines)

Drop a Mawloc and get rid of one Gargoyle Squad. Bump up other Gargoyle squad to 20. The Spare points can get you ~6 more termagants (or give those spore pods for the Zoans more umph-Might as well make your opponent spend firepower on them or regret it).

The pods, screamer killer and zoans can easily block someone in, making the Mawloc have a good chance of really messing up your opponent.

mercer
02-24-2010, 07:23 AM
I play a list very much like this except with tervigons and trygons. I've tested my list a fair bit and found out a few things which I think willl help you.

If you want a foot tyrant then take a hive guard. Honestly every lascannon and krak rocket will be coming its away. I know the hive guard is 60 points and a lot but they will make your tyrant last. However, in recent games I found that a single guard doesn't help a great deal and that two are really needed. But looking at things I could take 13 gargoyles and wings on the foot tryant which give your tyrant a gargoyle screen so he'll get cover and also 13 T3 wounds. The guard will give cover if in cover, but it fails a wound goes and it only has 2 wounds. I'd also take 2 pairs of devourers as well, I've used the whip and sword and it only helps when assaulting into cover. The talons only re-roll 1's as well so not brilliant. If you position the tyrants well then the other will benefit from preferred enemy.

I would drop a termagant unit and take 2 hormagaunt units. Have you thought about tervigons? You can spawn gants for free, in ony game I got 80 + gants which is more than in your list using 2 tervigons, all for free!

Unholy_Martyr
02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Something to remember about Tervigons: They can grant Feel no Pain to any unit they so please. Tyrant and his body Guard with Feel No Pain...how could you pass that up?