PDA

View Full Version : GW Cottman = FAIL!

oni
02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
I managed to find my way down to the new GW Cottman Ave. store Saturday morning. This store is a massive FAIL on GW's part.

Old vs. New
- Old had a marginal store front presence
- New is tucked in the side of a small plaza
- Old had ~7 display cases
- New, I only saw one
- Old had 6 tables plus a demo table
- New only has 3 tables and no demo table
- Old had a painting bar with ~6 stations
- New = 0 places to hobby
- Old size ~700 sq ft
- New size ~400 sq ft

Now if that isn't bad enough, the location of the store sucks out loud. The roads are horrible; tight, congested, and in poor condition. To be perfectly honest, I can not see this store lasting, maybe 12 to 18 months before it closes down for good.

For all those gamers that are disappointed with the new GW store and do not fear a little bit of a drive, I suggest you check out Showcase Comics in Media, PA. They just added on / opened a new battle bunker which I checked out this past weekend also and it is incredible to say the least.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/279725.page

turiya64
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
i have to agree with you on all counts. with one change the store wil not fail i have managed to get dowen there alot sence it has opened ( my brother in law has really started moving on a warhammer army) and we use it as a reason to go out and bull for a few hours. you know get away from the wives. but what ever the point is there are alot of people in there most of the time. the store sucks(compaired to the old one) but still there are 2-3 games up and runing allmost every time i go in and some how people are finding places to cram them selvs in to paint a bit.

i dont feel the drive to go paint there like i used to at the franklinmills location but others are. althow i have yet to run into some of the old hands i used to see at the mills location. there is a new group that seems to have rooted its self at the new one and good for them i am glad they have a home to play in now. let just hope that the word on the grape vine, that was talking about more then one location near philly was true and we get a store above philly in the suberbs. i just wont hold my breath on that one seeing how they fired half of the 4 man staff they had at the mills and dont seem to have any one in pipe line.

oni
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
GW needs to open a store in in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area. There are TONS of 40K and WFB players in the area, but no really decent places to play. I've ventured out into the community only a little because I don't much care for the venues. The people seem fine, I've met a few gamers who seem like good people, but the stores... They're simply not up to par.

I hope the rumors of a 2nd store are true and hope 'north' means far north, like the Lansdale area. I guess time will tell. GW needs to pull their heads out of their ***** and quit opening so many damn stores in TX and CA. There's other states that can be home to profitable hobby centers.

turiya64
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
the word i got from the gw staff late last year was that this year was supposed to be the year that the NE got there fleet of shops. but most of the places they wanted fell throw(sp?) levittowen was one of the places they were looking but last i herd that failed. the problem seems to be that they want to only be open 5 days a week and for short hours and no one with spaces to rent wants to sell to them when they chould get a business in there that would actualy bring in coustomers for the othere stores.

oni
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
the word i got from the gw staff late last year was that this year was supposed to be the year that the NE got there fleet of shops. but most of the places they wanted fell throw(sp?) levittowen was one of the places they were looking but last i herd that failed. the problem seems to be that they want to only be open 5 days a week and for short hours and no one with spaces to rent wants to sell to them when they chould get a business in there that would actualy bring in coustomers for the othere stores.

Haha... I'll do the research for GW. There's tons of places, they just need to open their eyes. Quakertown, while in itself is small, is nothing more than a shopping hot spot. The same is true for MacArthur Rd. in Allentown. When anyone in Allentown and Bethlehem goes shopping, this is where they go. Not to mention there's brand new shopping centers going up on: Airport Rd. Allentown, Rt. 309 Quakertown, Rt. 248 Nazareth, Center Valley Prkwy. Center Valley... I could keep going.

Hell... If I could, I'd open up a store myself; this area is prime.

templar143
08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
i like the new store for one reason....3 minutes from home. great escape spot(when they are open...not one of the things i like)when i gotta get away from the wife and kids. i do think it needs to be bigger, FM seemed to be the exception to the rule with their stores. since they dumped 3/4 of their staff anyway, it would be tough to have a bigger store now. i would like to take a trip down to Delaware to see Matt's store and i still have never wandered over to the Jersey store. well, i do hope they open a few more stores in the Philly area, maybe better spots, hours, etc. Happy Gaming!