PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lizardmen really gone?

Ravingbantha
03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Maybe I just misread it, but when the Lizardmen pack up and leave it wasn't all of them, was it? If I remember correctly, the Slann took off with a number of Skinks and some of the Lizardmen, but it sounded like alot of the Red Shirts were left behind. So technically in 9th Edition, you could still run an army of those left behind after the great Slann Rapture, you could even argue that a Slann or two was left behind either as 'rear guard' or just not getting to an Ark in time.

grimmas
03-21-2015, 04:27 PM
It doesn't really matter a 9th can't really be set in the old Warhammer World as it doesn't exist any more.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-21-2015, 04:34 PM
"We don't know".

Ravingbantha
03-21-2015, 05:26 PM
not trying to speculate what is coming with 9th edition, just going off of what has already been published. The End Times book, where the Slann leave, reads like most of the Lizardmen and skink population was left behind.

grimmas
03-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Ah got you, misunderstood your post, I certainly got the impression that not all the Lizardmen got away when the Slann jetted off. I know they werent represented in the final battle at Middenheim but I can't see why there shouldn't be some Lizardmen still battling out up till the end.

mathhammer
03-22-2015, 09:02 AM
Well Lustia is gone, so that pretty much ends the lizardmen.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Only insofar as EVERYTHING IS GONE.

EVERYTHING.

E V E R Y T H I N G

Mason Carroll
03-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Only insofar as EVERYTHING IS GONE.

EVERYTHING.

E V E R Y T H I N G

Just in case we didn't get that...the Lizards are gone, as EVERYTHING is gone. Not just the world, but time and space. The Warhammer world (And to an extent, the universe) is gone. Destroyed.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Although we'll see what the miracle is!

flipchuck
03-23-2015, 06:34 PM
The "miracle" would be 9th edition.

Cap'nSmurfs
03-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Obviously it's the new edition of the game. I mean more specifically what it entails, because that'll tell us how and why the world is changing and what will and won't be available~

Chapter Master Jake
04-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Basically, like I thought would happen as soon as I heard The End Times were actually the End Times for WH Fantasy, Games Workshop said eff you to players new and old of Lizardmen and to a lesser extent; Bretonnia and Beastmen.

What else would you call it? Chaos is Warriors, Daemons and Beastmen smooshed into one. Empire is now Humans, Ogres and Dwarves smooshed into one. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings smooshed together in one. High, Dark and Wood Elves smooshed into one. And Orcs + Goblins as they are. Lizardmen are no more and for all those who have armies big and small, too bad! Thanks GW.

Now, watch Mantic Games make a lizardmen army, hopefully. I'm definitely converting to Mantic Games. Screw GW's 9th Edition.

daboarder
04-08-2015, 10:40 PM
The "miracle" would be 9th edition.

The miracle would be if GW actually manage to get destroying the entire setting to fly with the customers

- - - Updated - - -

Now, watch Mantic Games make a lizardmen army, hopefully. I'm definitely converting to Mantic Games. Screw GW's 9th Edition.

they've already announced that they will be releasing rules for "reptillian" armies for Kings of War.

Chapter Master Jake
04-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I know they've announced that, I'm just saying that they will be. Hopefully they'll be cool models with cool rules.

daboarder
04-09-2015, 04:05 PM
I know they've announced that, I'm just saying that they will be. Hopefully they'll be cool models with cool rules.

fair enoug

Mr Mystery
04-10-2015, 03:24 AM
Wasn't just the Slann and favourite pet Skinks - the Spawning Pools went with them. Survival of race seems relatively guaranteed based on that.

But yeah, currently - we just don't know.

We don't know what 9th Ed is going to look like at all. Many rumours, few reliable, and the reliable ones aren't particularly detailed by the admission of the rumour monger.

However, I don't think we'll be seeing as big a change as some claim.

Wildeybeast
04-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Basically, like I thought would happen as soon as I heard The End Times were actually the End Times for WH Fantasy, Games Workshop said eff you to players new and old of Lizardmen and to a lesser extent; Bretonnia and Beastmen.

What else would you call it? Chaos is Warriors, Daemons and Beastmen smooshed into one. Empire is now Humans, Ogres and Dwarves smooshed into one. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings smooshed together in one. High, Dark and Wood Elves smooshed into one. And Orcs + Goblins as they are. Lizardmen are no more and for all those who have armies big and small, too bad! Thanks GW.

Have you even read the End Times books? Nothing was smooshed together (and certainly not in the combinations you suggest). You were given the option of taking units from different armies, yes, but you don't have to. Nothing in End Times invalidates anything in the existing army books, there was no eff you to any existing races.

As for Lizardmen being gone, from a fluff perspective they are they only race that still exists. Everyone else got obliterated with the end of the world whilst they flew off into space.

Brenlak
05-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Can we now please have space Lizardmen?
Whats that knocking on Khaines Gate? Space Lizardmen!!!

What if in the new installation we discover the end times was nothing more than Andy Chambers having a crazy dream after consuming too much mushroom tea. He then goes on to become the new CEO of Games Workshop. Overcome with joy Adam Troke, Matt Ward, Robin Cruddace, Jeremy Vetok and Phil Kelly all frantically masturbate into a vat of Finecast resin (Or Jervis Johnson whichever is closer). Out bursts forth an unholy jibbering horror who, though completely inept at talking to the opposite sex writes the most brilliant and balanced game rules to date. Sounds like a good read to me, well without all the jerking off...

kaboomzi
07-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Nah, lizardmen are still around, they just change their name to the more copyright friendly Seraphon. Having seen them in the new book, they still look pretty much the same as they do now. And Slann are able to summon in any unit. They are daemons of order now.

Mr Mystery
08-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Worth reading 'Under the Black Thumb' e-short....

ColeVVatkins
08-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Worth reading 'Under the Black Thumb' e-short....

Come on... Give spoilers! Spoilers ..... Seraphon are in it!

Mr Mystery
08-03-2015, 03:13 PM
It's £2.49! Well, well worth it.

But if spoilers ye seek......

Lizardmen are still Lizardmen. Skinks, Saurus, Cold Ones, Terradons.

But....they're different. When slain in the story, burst of magic, enough to actually de-skank a Nurgle Champions arm....

Oh, and Skaven now have a racial memory of being terrified by Lizardmen!

iLumberjack1988
08-16-2015, 06:40 AM
It's £2.49! Well, well worth it.

But if spoilers ye seek......

Lizardmen are still Lizardmen. Skinks, Saurus, Cold Ones, Terradons.

But....they're different. When slain in the story, burst of magic, enough to actually de-skank a Nurgle Champions arm....

Oh, and Skaven now have a racial memory of being terrified by Lizardmen!

Very interesting, I love the rework for Lizardmen thanks the gods they were not killed off.

Does anyone know what realm they reside in as I haven't found anything that mentions it?

Mr Mystery
08-16-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't think they dwell in any realm....they're Daemons now, at least rules wise.

Currently about a third of my way through Quest for Ghal Maraz though, so may have learned more by this evening!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-16-2015, 10:01 AM
They technically live in the Celestial Realm.
And they don't get a mention in QFGM, it isn't their fight.

Xaric
09-04-2015, 11:58 PM
I wonder how much the lizards have evolved since after end times because I believe that much time as passed since end times the new kits will show us :D

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-05-2015, 01:04 AM
They technically live in the Celestial Realm.
And they don't get a mention in QFGM, it isn't their fight."The warmblood moron dropped his favorite hammer in a hole. Like hell I'm dying for that."