PDA

View Full Version : Csm 1700

Ahrmak
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok, well I am going back to playing my CSMs after a long while. As an IW player, the current codex raped my army (as everyone obviously knows lol). I still play the IW colours and as I still love the fluff I have no interest in fielding cult marines beyond what I can convert fluff wise to IW ;). Currently my list is:

Deamon prince w. adrenal booster (mark of slaanesh) communications scrambler (lash of slaanesh)

Techmarine (scorcerer) w. adrenal booster and communications scrambler as above

10 chosen 1 champ 3 meltaguns 1 PF, rhino w. AI (deamonic possession) and combimelta

10 marines w. PF champ, 2 melta, icon undivided, and rhino as above
10 marines as above
9 marines w PF champ, 2 flamer, icon undivided, and rhino as above (no combimelta)

2 squads of 2 oblits

DP will lurk behind rhinos as they move up. rhinos will typically rush and disembark troops. oblits will deepstrike and flame blobs or twin multi vehicles

My other idea is to drop scorcerer , drop 9 squad (and rhino) to 7 and add another 7 man squad and one more oblit...

Mobious
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I will make my suggestions just general things to know about Chaos.

Chaos Space Marines are not the way to go when you have Plague Marines available. They last longer, can take two meltas without 10 men, are cheaper for what you get, and they are Fearless . . . enough said? Right now you are spending almost 300 points on ten men in a Rhino. Not worth it by any means, leave the Rhinos naked.

Despite what a lot of people say, I do not believe Lash is the way to go if you want a balanced force. Yes you will wreck foot armies, but if you build the army properly you already do that. IMO Warp-Time/Nurgle/Wings is a better buy. And if you buy one you should get a second for redundancy's sake. This is the most reliable load-out against any unit and you do no die like a sissy when you have T6, you die like a Daemon. And usually after absorbing a lot of fire.

Chosen are best as just five bodies in a naked Rhino with whatever combination of Meltas and Flamers you prefer.

If you count down on upgrades enough you'll be able to buy more Oblits (the best unit in your codex). Start them on the board against most armies, unless you need to burn something to the ground.