PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Competitive Chaos

Son of Guilliman
02-24-2010, 01:32 PM
ok i am workin on a tourney/competitive CSM list, and this is what i have so far, have played with it a few times, and it has done well, let me know what you think.

HQ
2x Daemon Prince - Wings MoS Lash of Submission

Troops
9x Bezerkers
1x Skull Champion - PF

6x Plague Marines - 2x Plasma
1x Champion - Combi PF
Rhino

6x Plague Marines - 2x Plasma
1x Champion - Combi PF
Rhino

6x Plague Marines - 2x Melta
1x Champion - Combi PF
Rhino

6x Chaos Space Marines - flamer

Heavy Support
Land Raider

2x Obliterators

2x Obliterator

1993pts

i run the Bezerkers in the LR, run rhinos with LR in a spearhead, with the DP's hiding behind. When the time is right, i jump the DP's over, lash some squads, and then have some fun. The CSM's are obj. sitters, while the oblits take care of armor that could hurt the PM's/Bezerkers.

Unholy_Martyr
02-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, a few comments:

1) I would drop the random 6 Chaos Space Marines. Granted, they are baby sitters, you have Plague Marines that are much better equipped for the endeavour. The Chaos Space Marines wouldn't last long against ALOT of things that can Deep Strike/ Infiltrate onto your objective.

2) Use points from above to invest in some more Obliterators, should be able to get 1 more I think.

3) I almost think that one of the Plague units should have another Melta instead of the Plasma. This would be something to play test, just a thought considering that while Plasma Plague Marines could Annihilate a Tervigon a turn, killing 2 Warriors a turn is better than just 1.

Otherwise, looks pretty solid. I know quite a few people have knocked the Land Raider; however, I feel it does something for the overall effect of the army giving a big mean target that is just as dangerous as the Obliterators at range.

Son of Guilliman
02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
yeah, the LR has taken some heat, but i just think that the Bezerker squad loses alot of its effectiveness when i stick it in a rhino. the ability to drive up 12", dump out, and assault that turn just seems to be a great asset. THen the LR can provide fire support. I mean, it definitely aint no Redeemer, but i think it has some uses. If nothing else, its a fire magnet. Yeah, i know what you are sayin about the meltas as well, may have to try that out.