PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels vs. Daemonkin 1250p HD Video BATREP

Lost Vyper
04-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Today we had a quest star in our FLGC and he brought two gorgeous armies to play, Daemonkin and Orks. In this first match, we see the Khornite going against the Sons Of Sanquinius...this was a tight game, 1250p and let the Blood Points rack up...

http://youtu.be/jkmzG1xTpPA

- Lost Vyper

ps. Stay tuned for the Orks vs. Dark Eldar, coming soon!

Charon
04-07-2015, 10:02 AM
I don' know....
It may have been close but watching it felt pretty one-sided with one side hacking through every unit and the other side just rushing objective markers cause he could not compete in melee.
Also telling that most of the Blood Angel casualties happened through shooting...

World Of Pain
04-07-2015, 01:05 PM
I don' know....
It may have been close but watching it felt pretty one-sided with one side hacking through every unit and the other side just rushing objective markers cause he could not compete in melee.
Also telling that most of the Blood Angel casualties happened through shooting...

It was a good game. BA won 2 out of 3 meleeīs, destroyed 2 units with shooting and lost 90% from two units and one IC from the enemy fire. For 1250 game it was really close. Also our quest player was a true champion of Khorn, exelent tactic and fair player in all aspects. WH40 at its best.

Some statistics:

In close combat BA lost: 5 tactical marines, 1 Razorback and some damage to the Land Raider Crusader.
For enemy fire they lost 4 tactical marines, 5 Assault Terminators, Coteaz and some damage to the Rhino.

Charon
04-07-2015, 01:57 PM
It was a good game. BA won 2 out of 3 meleeīs, destroyed 2 units with shooting and lost 90% from two units and one IC from the enemy fire. For 1250 game it was really close. Also our quest player was a true champion of Khorn, exelent tactic and fair player in all aspects. WH40 at its best.

Some statistics:

In close combat BA lost: 5 tactical marines, 1 Razorback and some damage to the Land Raider Crusader.
For enemy fire they lost 4 tactical marines, 5 Assault Terminators, Coteaz and some damage to the Rhino.

Which is exactly what I meant.
5 TAC and some damage on vehicles that do not fight back is kinda telling how good Khorne is in melee. The 2 melees the BA won was what? The Khorne Lord on Juggernaut and the Berzerkers if I recall correctly? So... the 2 of the most powerful melee units the Khorne List had to offer.

Also I do not dispute that the game was close VP wise. But from what I saw it was pretty much Khorne getting obliterated in melee (which is kinda sad for a melee centered codex) and did way better in shooting.
Which kinda reinforces my notion that the Khorne Daemonkin Codex is even unable to compete in his core function... beeing a strong melee codex.

World Of Pain
04-08-2015, 06:37 AM
Actually Khorne Lord on Jugg won its melee nicely but then got gun down by full tactical (with flamers), Rhino storm bolters (two) and Land Raider Crusaderīs full load out. 20 Khorne marines first suffered some fire from the tactical squad and then got assaulted by 6 Assault Terminators with chaplain and Coteaz... there really isnīt that much in this game that is standing up after 8 lightning claw and 15 Thunder Hammer attacks - all with re-roll to hit.

I think Khorne is nice and solid in assault but blood point rule does not really work well on smaller games like 1250. There just ainīt enough things to die fast enough to get those benefits out from the blood points. Also they face the same problem as my Blood Angels and Grey Knights - when your army is really monster on assault other people start to avoid them really well and its really hard to be one who gets to assault first.