PDA

View Full Version : Mid War or Late war?

norge187
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Looking into getting in FOW here in austin. Just one Question though....Do most people here play mid war or late war...

I'm looking into either a mid or late war Fallshirmjager Kompanie or a US Rifle company mid or late. I haven't purchased any books yet due to them being fing expensive i've just browsed a ton of forums and got info off the FOW website.

pelmen78
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
It really varies where I live. Most people are into LW at the moment, I think. Early isn't out yet (doesn't remotely interest me, either). I play LW Panzerkompanie. Cheapo, monetarily speaking.

norge187
02-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Is it cheaper to run a panzerkompanie as far as a budget is concerned?

Lux
02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Tank companies are nearly always cheaper for every nation simply because you have fewer platoons on the board and fewer models in those platoons. The downside is they can also be much more difficult to play, since the high point costs of your basic combat platoons makes it difficult to squeeze in all the support options you want/need.

Lux

norge187
02-26-2010, 10:30 PM
ah I see.....well i'll be off to BFG first thing in the morning to decide. I'm guessing i'm gonna get Fortress Europe (my brother in law knows someone with the starter set that may sell me his) and the something else to see if i can paint it lol. I'm sooo used to 28mm that 15mm will be really really interesting. Prolly get the FJ kompanie boxed set or something else

After further browsing I'll prolly need to get the Cobra book. More than likely I'll add a SS Tank hunter Platoon. Thats gonna be another tough decision. To either go with Stug IIIg, Stug IV, or maybe go with a Marder IIIh option. I guess once I get the book it will help me alot. For now I've exhausted myself on the FOW website today. There is alot of flexibility it appears for different types of support options for the FJ in both of those books.