PDA

View Full Version : Black Library Print on Demand

Heroka Vendile
02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
while this isn't exactly news as such, as everyone's known for a while now that the new Print on Demand service is coming shortly, but this interview with Christian Dunn, the mastermind behind this new move from BL, is particularily good at explaining the ins-and-outs of it all, as well as having a couple brand new announcements hidden away inside it.

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2010/02/exclusive-interview-christian-dunn-on-black-librarys-print-on-demand/

The AKH
02-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Excellent explanation of how they plan to run it.

I'm hoping they'll include the Sabbat Worlds Crusade book in the PoD range, and maybe the original Uplifting Primer as well.

pinchy
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Really can't wait to get my hands on the Gothic War Omnibus, read a few snippets of the books in various places but could never find a local copy. It will be nice to be able to order a new copy of the older titles off the actual publisher (and give both Black Library and the author some money for it) rather than take a punt at an overpriced battered old copy off an overseas auction site which may or may not ever turn up. Only thing I'm curious about is what the international shipping is going to cost, hopefully it will remain within the realm of reasonableness.

wittdooley
02-25-2010, 11:28 PM
This is amazing news. Based on what I'm hearing, the chances that we'll see OOP and vastly overpriced books like Daemonifuge and Dan Abnetts Titan: God Machine available again. I couldn't be more excited.

The AKH
02-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Really can't wait to get my hands on the Gothic War Omnibus, read a few snippets of the books in various places but could never find a local copy. It will be nice to be able to order a new copy of the older titles off the actual publisher (and give both Black Library and the author some money for it) rather than take a punt at an overpriced battered old copy off an overseas auction site which may or may not ever turn up. Only thing I'm curious about is what the international shipping is going to cost, hopefully it will remain within the realm of reasonableness.

Shipping will probably be similar to what BL already charges - maybe a little more, as they've said that the books will be printed in trade paperback format (which are larger than your average pocket novel).

fuzzbuket
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
This is kinad late but i remeber takling to Mr. Abnett (blood pact tour) and he said that they would release god machine again!but I wasnt certain so I didnt post!

SOrry

pinchy
02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Shipping will probably be similar to what BL already charges - maybe a little more, as they've said that the books will be printed in trade paperback format (which are larger than your average pocket novel).

Unfortunately I have no idea what they currently charge seeing they still have yet to put up their new website. They just say to order it from GW (which if it was omnibus pricing would be pretty much at the free shipping limit from GW Oz at the moment). Sounds like they can only be ordered through Black Library itself though but I guess it won't be that long till they get their website going again anyway at which point I'll find out, I just hope it's not excessive given that I've been quoted rediculous prices to get (admittedly non-40k) stuff sent from the UK before.