PDA

View Full Version : 1500/Tyranids/Competitive

Sun_Forge
02-25-2010, 08:02 PM
HQ:
Tyranid Warrior Prime, Death Spitter, Bone Sword and Lash (100)
Tyranid Warrior Prime, Death Spitter, Bone Sword and Lash (100)

TROOPS:
Termagants x30 (150)
Termagants x30 (150)
Tervigon, Cluster Spines, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands, Catalyst (195)

ELITES:
Hive Guard x2 (100)
Hive Guard x2 (100)
Zoanthropes x2 (120)

FAST:
Gargoyles x20 (120)

HEAVY:
Tyranofex, Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Shredder Shard Beetles (265)
Biovore (45)
Biovore (45)
GRAND TOTAL: 1500

The Warrior Primes join the Termagants out front and screen the Hive Guards and Zoans. The Hive Guard screen the Tervigons and the Tyranofex. The Tervigons give the Termagants some Catalyst juju to keep them going. The rest of the tactics are pretty obvious.

So, what do you think?

Tynskel
02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Interesting list. The only problem I see is that there is no harassment unit.

A unit of raveners/gargoyles/harpy/ or even just sky slashers could be useful. I have found that a unit that whole purpose is to distract fire and die for a turn or two is good for the advancing army to reach the opponent.

My suggestion would be to ditch one of the Tervigons to gain this flexibility. Otherwise, the tactics are pretty predictable for this list. 30 Termagants are pretty resilient- One tervigon granting FNP to a squad in front, and the squad behind gaining cover saves is a simple, but effective combo.

Sun_Forge
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Interesting thoughts, and not a bad idea. If I drop the 180 point Tervigon I could get 30 Gargoyles. What would your suggestion for deployment be, One group of 30 or three groups of 10?

Tynskel
02-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't go with 30.

Maybe 2 groups of 15? I have found that at 15-20 'gaunts' your opponent actually has to decide whether to dedicate a significant amount of firepower or not. (on that note, you might want to split the two 30 gaunt squads into three 20 gaunt squads- but that's a personal preference thing.) Confusion is one of the best allies a Tyranid player can get. One enemy Squad's worth of firing usually will only put a couple of wounds out, maybe not even enough to cause a moral check.

You might want to go with 15 Gargoyles and 2 Biovores (That's 180 points). Two giant pie-plates might make your opponent go crazy. Not to mention, Popping a transport with the Hive Guard, dropping the pie-plates on em', and then charging in the Gargs could really give your opponent a run for their money.

Helllz, I am starting to like the idea of this list! Ya are making me wanna try this out.

Sun_Forge
02-26-2010, 06:41 AM
I like the idea. I was actually a little leery about my own anti horde abilities. Two biovores should take care of the issue.

Sun_Forge
02-26-2010, 07:06 AM
List edited:

Jolyas
02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
HQ:
TROOPS:
Termagants x30 (150)
Termagants x30 (150)

try this combination, will force your opponent to have more targets in its sights, wasting shots into small units

TROOPS:
Termagants x20 (100)
Termagants x20 (100)
Termagants x20 (100)

and your HQ will not change the eater, since you can force leadership test

my ingles suck, im sorry about that :S