PDA

View Full Version : Attila Total War Multiplayer

The_Gonk
04-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Is anyone playing the Multiplayer?

Finding the Campaign great but the multiplayer seems..... wonky is the best way I can describe it.

Psychosplodge
04-13-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm still occaisionally dabbling in Rome 2, and got Empire and Shogun 2 to finish as well so I doubt Attila is in my near future, though they might have fixed it when I do get round to playing it

Defenestratus
04-13-2015, 08:04 PM
I know I'n the outlier, but I love RTW2 - and I can't stand Attila in campaign mode. They took the crap that I didn't want to deal with, the faction politics and region management, and made it much more difficult and tedious. I couldn't care less about the influence and gravitas of faction rivals.. I just want to smash face with the Saxons and I'm finding it infinitely more difficult than it was in RTW2... to the point where I don't even play it anymore.

One thing I do like is that all the viking factions demand payment from me all the time. If they don't get it, they attack me :P

The_Gonk
04-14-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm still occaisionally dabbling in Rome 2, and got Empire and Shogun 2 to finish as well so I doubt Attila is in my near future, though they might have fixed it when I do get round to playing it

I'm still playing Rome 2 now and again - I'm going for the TW achievement with the Iceni. I haven't played Empire but I have played a bit of Shogun 2. I actually picked Shogun 2 up just before Rome 2 and didn't get much done, I'll probably come back to it though.
The first rebalancing has been and gone and some stuff changed, I think they need to do a bit more and sort out some wonky things like this weird testudo movement.

I know I'n the outlier, but I love RTW2 - and I can't stand Attila in campaign mode. They took the crap that I didn't want to deal with, the faction politics and region management, and made it much more difficult and tedious. I couldn't care less about the influence and gravitas of faction rivals.. I just want to smash face with the Saxons and I'm finding it infinitely more difficult than it was in RTW2... to the point where I don't even play it anymore.

One thing I do like is that all the viking factions demand payment from me all the time. If they don't get it, they attack me :P

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do like those elements but they can be a tightrope and do take time when sometimes you just want to move past it. It'd be good if they'd made that a bit more customisable, maybe there'll be a Mod out there.