PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings?

RocketRollRebel
02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
So I'm thinking of starting up some Tomb Kings on a whim. I got inspired because my girl friend and I are adopting a deaf Bull terrier/Pharaoh Hound from the local MSPCA and I thought that to celebrate a new army would rule and since she is a Pharaoh Hound Tomb Kings would be cool to build :). So I know they are a pretty bottom tier army but I'm not worried about that. I'm just wondering what you guys would recommend getting to start out with a small force. Definitely want to keep the dog theme going and are there any female "tomb queen" minis out there?

Thanks !

p.s here is a lame-o picture of my inspiration and I :p

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/rocketrollrebel/0223001817.jpg

Dwarflord17404
02-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Their are 2 builds that I feel work.

archers, catapoults, arc of the covenent, severeal small speed bump infantry (gun line)

0r

lots of chariots backed up by light cavalry , ushabti (look like dogs) ( all calvary build.

As far as a femle charcter I think one of the special characters is a female but if you don't like that model you could look at the vampire counts line that has no shortage of female charcters in oparticular the old Lemeres vamps.

Hope that helps

RocketRollRebel
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah thanks. Chariots do like like a fun time and give you an unique looking force. They don't have a new book anywhere on the horizon do they? I know OK are coming up soon but I don't want to start an army and get "beastmened" a couple months later.

Petite Francois
02-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi there! Congratulations to you and your girl for adopting a wonderful animal! The special character Tomb Queen is High Queen Khalida Neferfer, and she's awesome fluff wise, and powerful, it a little point heavy. But when I played Tomb Kings I never regretted having her in the army.

There are bone and stone 'golems' called Ushabti, and if you direct order you can get them all with Anubis Jackal heads:)

Blessings and long life to you and yours!
Hail the God Emperor, His name be praised!
Frankie

Warfare
02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
pretty sure there was a bols article a few weeks ago that suggested TKs will be getting a new army book in the next year

RocketRollRebel
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah I heard that they may be coming up after OK. I'm a little nervous after how vanilla beasts became. I was considering them until they lost "unruly" haha. But yeah I'm really feeling TK. Thank you all for the input too. Ushabti are a definite for sure. One of the few nice looking minis that the army has sadly. Bone Giants and normal Skellys leave a bit to be desired but seem to have and ugly/campy charm to them haha. I also really loved "Nagash the sorcerer" too. So where would be a good place to start purchase wise?

p.s. oh yeah the Emperor will have to help us along. Deaf dogs require a bit of extra effort and present interesting challenges but she is a fast learner and well worth it. Kinda like trying to play TK in a competitive way haha ;)

Liche Priest Jahi
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi RocketRollRebel! The bone giant looks a little better if you leave his skeletal fruit basket hat off:) I didn't mind it so much then. I like the tomb king skellies except a lot of their hand weapons are medieval instead of bronze age. Oh well, it's a minor point.

I got my first 16 skellies painted, an archer unit with full command. Like you I've heard that a new TK book might come out soon. I kind of hope not, I want time to enjoy it the way it is now, even though I am a latecomer. I had TKs a year ago but sadly had to sell them. They were great! We just have to be brave and endure the changes the world brings to our lands. We will endure. The tomb kings are forever!

Anyways, best to you, your loved ones, and your brave canine companion!

Jahi