PDA

View Full Version : Rulebook FAQ updated by GW

pgarfunkle
02-26-2010, 05:31 AM
I don't know if anybody else has spotted this yet but GW has updated the Rulebook FAQ. The change is regarding multiple combats.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2030054_FAQ_40Krulebook_Feb2010.pdf

P.S. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong with this link in the months I've used this forum I've never been able to get one to function properly and usually just skip them. Thanks.

P.P.S Cheers Madness. As you can see I've fixed it. Have no idea how I've been managing to get that wrong lol

Madness
02-26-2010, 05:51 AM
You don't close them. it's SQUARE BRACKET OPEN URL="path to the destination"SQUARE BRACKET CLOSE Clickable text SQUARE BRACKET OPEN /URL SQUARE BRACKET CLOSE

Q. Can Psychic powers be used on a unit embarked on a transport?
A. For simplicity’s sake, the answer has to be a firm ‘No, unless the psyker himself is in the unit being transported’.
It's not a straight answer (as it's not a Psychic power) but I think we have the answer for the Doom of Malant'ai.

TheBitzBarn
02-26-2010, 06:53 AM
I think you are correct

musical-fool
02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
"Q. Can bikes Turbo Boost during their Scout
move?
A. Yes they now can, but remember that they
have to remain more than 12” away from the
enemy as they move."

Sweeeet!:D

BuFFo
02-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Q. How many kill points is an Imperial Guard
Command Squad worth? Is a Junior Officer and
his four Guardsmen worth 1 point or 2?

A. A Command Squad is an independent
character and his retinue, as defined on page 48
of the rulebook. The rulebook clearly states on
page 91 that a character and his retinue are worth
1 kill point each. Therefore the enemy gains 1 kill
point for killing the Junior Officer, and 1 kill
point for killing the accompanying Guardsmen.

WTF is this? Am I missing something here?????

Antenor
02-26-2010, 08:49 AM

Previous guard dex had officers as independent characters that had the retinue of the command squad.

Madness
02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
1 point for the IC, 1 point for the retinue.

Valkerie
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM

Iirc, this was written before the new Guard Codex, so it appears they haven't updated that yet. Makes things a tad bit confusing.

And on the Doom of Malan'tai, I can already hear the chorus going, "Spirit Leach is not a psychic power!" I'm afraid that that debate will continue until GW issues a specific ruling on that power. (In other words, it's going to be an eternal arguement.)

Majorcrash
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=BuFFo;57830]Q. How many kill points is an Imperial Guard

so if we combine a platoon of 2 squads and a cmd squad, that would make it worth 3 kill points or if uncombined 4 kill points. I wonder if that means attached commisars and priests are a seperate kill point each?

Magos Bellum
02-26-2010, 09:51 AM
There is no longer any such thing as an Imperial Guard Junior Officer (now a Platoon Commander), thus that section of the FAQ is obsolete. Just ignore it and move on. A platoon with two squads is 3 kp uncombined and 2 kp combined. Further, attached Commisars are not a kill point, but priests are, as they are independent characters.

In the usual manner of things, GW will probably remove that from the FAQ only when we get a new FAQ for 6th edition.
As for the Doom, wait for the Tyranid FAQ to not answer the question before letting the argument become eternal. We have enough of those as it is.

Melissia
02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Correct, there are no such thing as "junior" or "senior" officers, or "heroic senior" in the current IG dex.

Majorcrash
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
see thats how understood it was well. But with GW you never know.

Lerra
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Edit: Ignore me! I misread the FAQ.

Extinction Angel
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
We've been playing it like that ever since 5th came out.

The game is definitely all about layered assaults. And your example is a little flawed because Space Marines can't be cut down by sweeping advance thanks to "...and they shall know no fear."

Nabterayl
02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Has anyone been playing the game as the FAQ states (if you are in assault and are charged by a new unit, you can't attack the new unit)? I've never seen the game played this way, and it could be a pretty big change. It opens up a new tactic for getting rid of assault units.
Uh, I don't want to sound dumb, but where does the new FAQ state that?

Lerra
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Uh, I don't want to sound dumb, but where does the new FAQ state that?

Oh jeez, serves me right for reading the FAQ in the middle of lecture! I skimmed it and completely misinterpretted it. Just ignore me :o

HsojVvad
02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Uh guys, some of you are pointing out stuff that havn't been changed in the FAQ. The thing about Imperial Guards, and Doom rule is nothing new. It's been in there all this time.

Yes, Doom is not a psychic attack.

Commissar Lewis
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah in the new Guard dex Guard officers aren't ICs.

Trust me, this fact helped me outta a bind during last summer's apoc game. My friend who played daemons used the greater possession SA and no one on my team had any ICs. Straken didn't have the IC rule listed on his page, so thus he wasn't an IC. Company Commanders and Platoon Commanders don't have the IC rule, and neither do the special guys.

So that part of the FAQ is moot.