PDA

View Full Version : 40k online?

Darkwynn
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
So Vigil games has been making warhammer 40k online? I guess ther ewill be some marines Vs chaos goingon.

Ig will not be a playable race so sorry Jwolf.

Who would be up for playing it when it comes out?

Terr
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd be willling to.

Bigred
07-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Last release date I saw was 2012, so it could be a while.

I hear some of the Vigil crew may stop by BoLScon, so keep an eye out for them.

Khestra the Unbeheld
07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm down for kicking the hell out of some of the Emperor's slave offal. :cool:

Darkwynn
07-24-2009, 10:23 PM
We will have to twist their arm to make characters of us in the 40k universe Bigred....

I just want a High Marshell Rose or Darkwynn.. that is all... Its not much :)

Sansa
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Who is Vigil Games and what have they made before? O.o
So many MMO's coming out, and many I am interested in. How will I ever have the time...?

Andrew283
08-01-2009, 01:08 PM
If it's a monthly pay thing then it can GTF. Is £40 not enough per game for these companies that they need to charge a fortune to play MMORPG's

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-01-2009, 06:26 PM
If it's a monthly pay thing then it can GTF. Is £40 not enough per game for these companies that they need to charge a fortune to play MMORPG's

I too will only pick it up if it follows the same approach to subscription fees as my only other MMO, Guild Wars.

I didn't pick up LOTRO because of subscription fees, 40K Online will be no different.

Mork
08-10-2009, 06:36 AM
It's most likely going to be monthly pay....look at Warhammer online....a very good idea but because of the monthly fee and the lack of any real incentive in-game (major server problems during sieges) to continue playing a lot of ppl have left the game...40k online unless it is very well thought out could well end up with the same problems...

Madjob
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Not even remotely interested. Bending fluff slightly for the sake of gameplay I can usually forgive in 40k video games. I can even imagine a 40k MMO that could work and not go outside of my personal boundaries of gameplay>fluff.

However it is certainly not anything like the game Vigil is likely making. Everyone will be playing grand heroes that cannot be killed, make fast friends with normally untrustworthy allies or otherwise poorly excused cooperative ventures. Ancient and irreplaceable relics will be passed out like candy as suddenly there's a half dozen duplicates of them at any given time.

Lastly, if there's any solid evidence I can point to besides my own worst fears, it's that Joe Madureira has been brought on as the creative director for the game. For those of you familiar with him, you're likely already cringing. For those who are not, he's the comic artist responsible for gems such as 'Battle Chasers' and 'Ultimates Vol. 3', as well as the artistic direction for his upcoming video game baby 'Darksiders' (also a Vigil title). Have a look at some of his work and see if you can't discern why I might be more than a little concerned about his heavy presence in the staff of the 40k mmo.

Wolfguard Gnarl
08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I was hoping this was going to be a MMFPS(Massively Multiplayer First Person Shooter, for those scratching their heads) but it looks like it's gonna be RP instead like WAR. :(

Fantomex
08-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, in my opinion, the best a 40k MMO could be would be something similar to Diablo, Fallout, and Mass Effect, and the main thing being based around you as an Inquisitor.
I could well fancy seeing a few Shadows Of The Colossus-type bits to land on planets, finding ancient temples, etc..:D

Joeker
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I want to see a MMORTS - a combination of DOW with a dynamic largescale battle field like the Dynaverse in the old Starfleet command series.

Groups of players fight battles on map hexes in order to claim them for their side.

Joe

WolfAramis
09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Wait, this guy did work with Jeph Loeb?

I'm a huge fan of Jeph, does great work (and a damned shame about his son, whose work was inspiring to say the least).

I'd love to see a decent MMROPG/MMORTS, but pulling all those elements toegether will be difficult at best.

Agreed on Warhammer Online...I tried the trial, and was disappointed...it seemed to lack direction/fun. The battle areas were different, but that was about all there was to it.

shadowvast
09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
**sobs* I feel like my heart just got ripped out there....if what you say is true......then it fails before it begins...and warhammer online has great potential, but the devs seem to be more interested in festivals than fixing issues. I had to let that subscription lapse when I had nothing left to do, Im not paying for it

Randl
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
No matter what I'll have to at least give it a try...

AdamHarry
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I have some hope. A lot of the people on the Design team actually play. which is a huge plus. We'll see how it goes.

eldargal
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Far too early to come to any conclusions about it, with one piece of concept art released. I'm pretty much over the whole mmo thing myself, but it would be good to see a successful 40k mmo. More royalties and branc recognition for GW.

castitt
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
i can't wait for this to come out. i have been researching for a while now and haven't found a lot of info but it looks like they are trying to include as many races as possible and as much character customization as possible... i have been waiting for a 40k mmo for a long time.

Lamenter
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
A 40K MMO has massive potential, but I fear it'll never fulfill that potential.

Warhammer Online is OK, not a bad game, but its potential hasn't been realized.

If the 40K MMO is in fact centered around Space Marine v Chaos Space Marine, I'd want to see it organized around squads, companies & chapters. No soloing, everyone has a part to play in the grand scheme.

And leveling wouldn't be so much about gaining xp and stats but performing well in battle and being promoted, given better equipment and higher command status or a new gear. The standard leveling system present in so many games is old, tired and someone needs to come up with something new and exciting, it's the 21st century for gods sake. :p

Porty1119
07-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I want to see a MMORTS - a combination of DOW with a dynamic largescale battle field like the Dynaverse in the old Starfleet command series.

Groups of players fight battles on map hexes in order to claim them for their side.

Joe

Um....YES!!!

More ideas:
-Upgraded weapons with experience and such a la BF2
-Let unsubscribed players play as Guardsmen (worse than others but free)
-Vehicles. No vehicles, no Porty involved.

Melissia
07-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I assume you people have actually seen the teaser/trailer, haven't you?

titan eddy
07-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Im going to play but nobody can be saying what is going to be there and what isnt, what i heard was that it is going to be like wow which would be so-so but i want it to be like when u choose an armie like space maine that u go to ur own planet, that would be cool

Gooball
07-17-2010, 07:43 AM
There is an MMORTS being devoloped, the name's slipped from my mind but i can recall it looks fairly pretty, and supports battles of up to 50 players, and players need to work together to being down the "bosses" which are huge fortress's that are nigh impenetrable on your own.
Edit: It's called "End of Nations"

Duke
07-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Link goo ball?

Duke