PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters 1500pts Trying to be competitive

Latro_
02-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Ok so this is a rehash of my fluffy World Eaters army, I wanna be fluffy but still pack a punch what ye think:

Daemon Prince 140
Wings, Mark of Khorne

Daemon Prince 140
Wings, Mark of Khorne

8 Khorne Berzerkers 208
Bolt Pistols, CCWs, Frag, Krak
/w Skull Champion
Power Fist

8 Khorne Berzerkers 208
/w Skull Champion
Power Fist

Rhino 40
2x Combi Bolters, Smoke, Light

8 Khorne Berzerkers 208
/w Skull Champion
Power Fist

Rhino 35
Combi Bolters, Smoke, Light

Defiler 150
3x Dread CCWs, Battle Cannon
Heavy Flamer, Smoke, Light, Possession

Defiler 150
3x Dread CCWs, Battle Cannon
Heavy Flamer, Smoke, Light, Possession

Land Raider 220
2x Twin Lacannons, Twin Heavy Bolter
Smoke, Light

So we'v got the mandatory 2 winged princes in there, 6 attacks each on the charge - nasty.
They get cover from the rhinos and LR on the march forward. One unit of berzerkers obviously in the LR.
Defilers act in an even more support role and hopefully get left anone cus of the raider, they get 5 s10 attacks on the charge each.

Army can sitback somewhat with defilers and LR lascannons if needed but lefts face it i'm never gonna be such a p***y with a khorne army hehe

think it'll work?

Unholy_Martyr
02-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Pretty Khorney if you ask me, all that pain moving up and getting in your face seems to be the right idea. The 2 winged princes are going to be murderous, especially backed up by 2 Defilers. I think you've got the right idea in my book.

AdamHarry
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
With out knowing what your local Meta-game is like I'd like to make a few broad, sweeping remarks. Take them for what they are worth.

Ok so this is a rehash of my fluffy World Eaters army, I wanna be fluffy but still

think it'll work?

No.
Here's why:

1) Cause you'll lose all your mobility when you get shot.
I know the common idea for chaos is to have cheap rhino walls, but with Berzerkers, you NEED extra armor to deliver your assault elements quickly. If you get glanced, odds are you're going to be sitting there minimum. Same deal with the Land Raider, but I'd splurge on Demonic Possession for that.

2) You've got no Anti-tank other than Assault.
Sure you've got Battle Cannons or the random Land Raider Las Shot. maybe. I'd Highly Recommend dropping a Defiler for a unit of 2 Oblits. If you Drop a power fist, and replace it with a power weapon you can add Personal Icons to a few squads which will help out with scatter.

3)Furious Charging Power Fists are Still Int 1. Keep 1 in there to get Characters but the other two guys power weapons. 5 attacks, str 5, Int 5 on the charge power weapons. sounds good to me. It will still Kill marines on a 3, and guard on a 2. and you're swinging waaaay before them.

Again, I don't know what your local meta game is like so maybe you'll be better off with out any changes. These are just suggestions. It's your army! Have fun with it!

One last thought: Ten Man CSM squads with a Mark of Khorne and Fabius Bile Upgrades. You should look at what those can do.

Latro_
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Yea thats the thing, in the previous list i had two raiders, I just didnt like how many pts it ate up for other things. The hope is that 2x dps and 2x defilers and a LR are going to make those rhinos get ignored and if they're not they they're gonna get bundled by a lot of deadly stuff.

Yea know the long range anti armour isnt there, thats the hit i'll have to take to go with the fluff, in any other chaos army 3+ obilterators would be the second thing to be included after the princes.

You raise an interesting point about SC's with power weapons, i didnt really consider it but it might be a nice option hmmm. Thing is I like them being independent, with 3(4 onc) s9 attacks they can deal with ard stuff like trygons and dreads. With just a power weapon that 200+ point squad is stuck.

The dps could of course lend in a hand in such situations but i like them free to be agressive, not baby sitters of other units.

Cheers thou, made me think a bit. I might try running one of the SC's with a PW see how it goes.

AdamHarry
02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Cool. Like i said in my previous post, I have no idea what the local scene is like for you. You'd know it better than I! Also, like Jwolf Preaches, it's more about actually playing the game than talking about the game. Test it out, play it till you don't make mistakes...Thats how you make any list competitive.

Good Luck from another Eater of Worlds!