PDA

View Full Version : 2001pts: a Plague odyssey

Bedroom General
02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Good day to all,
I have been tweaking and rebuilding my list.
all comments, especially as regards the effectiveness of units on the table top greatly appreciated.

Disgustibus
DP of Nurgle
wings
rot

7x Chosen
I.O.N.
5x plasma guns

7x Plague marines
Ch PF
2x flamer
Rhino xtra A, Hvk L

7x Plague marines
Ch PF
2x flamer
Rhino xtra A, Hvk L

7x Plague marines
2x flamer
Rhino

7x Plague marines
2x melta
Rhino

7x Plague marines
2x melta
Rhino

Vindicator
Daemonic possession

Vindicator
Daemonic possession

Predator
TL lasturret

2001 pts on the nose

The Chosen are for infiltration, to set up a forward fire base if the terrain/mission is favourable.
These are the "Stinkin' points sink" in my army, but I retooled all my rhino squads for flamer melta goodness. They were old style Spiked helmet Plagueys I had many plasma guns, so a bit of judicious painting to fit the current scheme and...voila! Chosen plasma nutters are go.
They can also call in the DP if I chose to deep strike him, as bozzos tend to really like shooting the crap out of him. I could go for twin DP's but the fluffiness of one just seems right.
I've got, I think, a fair spread of anti-tank/anti-infantry weaponry. I'm looking forward to playing this list. I've been tooling around on the tables with a triple Wraithguard Eldar list, and its time to wallow in troop resilience for a change, especially against MEQS, who are all I seem to fight atm. So I'm joining in with the 3+ lovin' thats going on in my group. Of course I'm on the dark side, too many goodie goodie marines round here that need a good kicking.

Enemies usually are: Saint led mech SOBs, Ultramarines with Tiggy and Marny. Kor'arse'ole Khan biker/pod list, (very) occasional Tau and IG lists.

Comments/tactics/experiences very welcome.

gcsmith
03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
id try and shave that 1 point, most opponents dnt like awquad points limits

SlavesToDarkness
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I really favor this list. It's not quite my speed (I prefer 2 x Daemon Prince + Greater Demon), but it looks strong.

My only advice would be to try and work it to 2000pts even and to swap out rot for Warp Time (less characterful, I know, but WAAAAAAY better).

Bedroom General
03-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the responses guys,
Yeah that one point is a bugger to shave of this list, I could lose a plasma gunner off the chosen, then beef up DP to warptime, and be four points under 2000. I'll have to paint another old ed plaguey up to fit the scheme. I just kinda really like the five plasmas, oh well. In my gaming group we don't usually go anal over 1 or two points, but I will paint that guy for the squad.
Could also run DP without any psychic powers I suppose, but I like the rot v t3 when it goes off. Especially v SOBs. Ah well, can't have cake and eat it too.
Ta for the advice.

So retweak

Disgustibus
DP of Nurgle
wings
Warptime

7x Chosen
I.O.N.
4x plasma guns

7x Plague marines
Ch PF
2x flamer
Rhino xtra A, Hvk L

7x Plague marines
Ch PF
2x flamer
Rhino xtra A, Hvk L

7x Plague marines
2x flamer
Rhino

7x Plague marines
2x melta
Rhino

7x Plague marines
2x melta
Rhino

Vindicator
Daemonic possession

Vindicator
Daemonic possession

Predator
TL lasturret

1996 pts

SlavesToDarkness
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I like the above better. Having one less plasma gun won't matter too much - especially once you start taking casualties.