PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff From Forgeworld

Old_Paladin
02-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey Everyone,
Head on over to the Forgeworld site; they have some new ork tanks and the new cargo Valk!

Madness
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
AKA new stuff here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html). The ork stuff is quite 'uge!

gwensdad
02-26-2010, 10:43 PM
UGH! Link to more pictures of the Sky Talon is broken!

hmmm, and the Hil Bursta reminds me of the old Lungbusta from epic...

Melissia
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/skytalon.htm

The link on their site is wrong, but the actual page is up.

Commissar Lewis
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
By Aphrodite's ***, I so want one of those Tauros Venators.

Vorlon
02-27-2010, 01:12 AM
That cargo Valk would make a great Deathstrike or dropship conversion...

Atrotos
02-27-2010, 06:43 AM
The venator would have to have insanely good rules for it to be worth buying a transport for. Why would they make a Valkyrie variant to carry around what is presumably a fast vehicle? What about sentinels or maybe a light tank?

Madness
02-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I love the smell of fired web department in the morning. The new flyer model is gorgeous.

Subject Keyword
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Wow! Imperial and Ork models!
This is the last thing I ever expected!
This is so wonderful! They needed more models more than any other army!
It good to see that the two most neglected parts of 40k are getting some love.
They haven't had any for ages and they practically don't exist in battle missions!
I so happy.

*twitch* *twitch*

Madness
03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
@Subject Keyword: Are you drinking and posting AGAIN?

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Wait to you can get your greedy little hands on the Vulture with Punisher cannons under the wings.....Heavy 40 anyone?????

fade_74
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Wait to you can get your greedy little hands on the Vulture with Punisher cannons under the wings.....Heavy 40 anyone?????

I'm pretty sure that is called a twin linked punisher cannon. The stats are located in the imperial armour update in the downloads section of the forgeworld website.

So its only 20 shots....but reroll your misses. IMHO using 4 multiple rocket pods is a more effective weapon loadout for anti infantry. You can fly 12 inches and fire your heavy bolter as the main weapon and since the rocket pods are strength 4, they count as defensive weapons, so you can fire them too. Just my take on it. The punisher cannons do look awesome though. I think im gonna have to get a set, even if they never get used.

Madness
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
20 almost-guaranteed-to-hit shots have the benefit of devastating any unit with tough invulnerable saves tho, same for cover saves.

Loken
03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
20 almost-guaranteed-to-hit shots have the benefit of devastating any unit with tough invulnerable saves tho, same for cover saves.

A twin-linked Heavy 20 will hit with 15 shots on average, not 20 when your BS is 3.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
03-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Ooops didnt realise that it would be twin-linked doh.....

But still i like 20 shots that is very good for anti-infantry, and i agree shoot something that much and average 12 to 15 hits and even tough Invulnerable saves just get overwhelmed.
So need one

Atrotos
03-02-2010, 07:32 AM
I've used the 4 Rocket Pod Vulture about 30 times now and its now a cornerstone of my list. Absolutely amazing getting 40+ hits on a unit. This loadout has many advantages over the Punisher loadout but 2nd Vulture will have Punisher cannons for the cool factor.

Madness
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Average is a solid 15, but it has a very low chance of straying far with that many die rolled, in other words, you're more likely to get 17 hits than 7.

Fellend
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Wow! Imperial and Ork models!
This is the last thing I ever expected!
This is so wonderful! They needed more models more than any other army!
It good to see that the two most neglected parts of 40k are getting some love.
They haven't had any for ages and they practically don't exist in battle missions!
I so happy.

*twitch* *twitch*

Wait you decided to play a race that consists of everyone that gave up their soul to become an identical soulless robot and then head out to plauge other worlds and you are upset that they have to few units? I'm more suprised that they have as many as they do.

Anyone has actual stats for the venerator? Because... it seems kind of like a landspeeder without flying abilities.

Madness
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
You mean the Venator? They are in the latest Imperial Armour. Which means you hafta buy it.

Subject Keyword
03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
@Subject Keyword: Are you drinking and posting AGAIN?

Yes. Wait... No... I can't remember...

Wait you decided to play a race that consists of everyone that gave up their soul to become an identical soulless robot and then head out to plauge other worlds and you are upset that they have to few units? I'm more suprised that they have as many as they do.

You really think I'm talking about Necrons!?!
I'm talking about every army other than Marines and Orks.

I'm fine with the number of units in my army. A few need their rules tweaked (tweaked, not re-written), the Force Org Chart needs to be shuffled around a little bit, and there are two (2) models that need to be in plastic sets rather than expensive blisters.

That's it. Nothing more.