PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weapons in IG command squads

Slann
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
My question is in my comander hq squad I want to take 2 las cannons with the 4 guardsmen ? The same applys with the infantry command platoon I have been doing this and no one had said anything but the wording seemd like I might not be able too as I read it over agian any thoughts on the matter ?

MrMike85
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
From what i read and asking GW, they say one heavy weapon team can be picked in the command squads not two. But it would be cool if you could. Only bad problem would be that they become even bigger targets.

Nabterayl
08-04-2009, 04:36 PM
As I read the codex you can only have one Veteran Weapons Team per Company Command Squad. The list is "Any Veteran ..." and then a series of "One Veteran ... One other Veteran ..." and the heavy weapons team is included in that list of "ones." It's only after the heavy weapons team that the list moves back to "Any," which indicates to me that the words "two other" should be read as having analogous import to "one other;" i.e., "this option may be chosen only once."

My personal inclination is to say that two VWTs in a company command squad requires, "Replace any two Veterans with a Veteran Weapons Team" or words of similar effect, and I don't think what's written is of similar effect.

Commissar Lewis
08-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure only one HWT can be in any squad except for HW squads.

By the way Slann, awesome avatar. I so want to convert a commissar like that, if only for the novelty value.

Slann
08-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah after reading it over I agree it would be nice though .

@ commissar lewis - yeah she would get the troops going !

Commissar Lewis
08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Indeed. Sometimes a hot chick is more motivating than a gun. Now I just need to find the bitz and stuff to convert it...

crazyredpraetorian
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
There was a female commissar produced years ago that resembles your avatar. It was probably the inspiration for your avatar.