PDA

View Full Version : Apoc stompa /meks question

StrikerFox
08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
hey gang! this is more of a clarification if anything, and have only used this 3 times so far.. but here it goes..

okay, so in Apoc, i take a big mek stompa. it has 3 firing points and transport capacity.
i then take the formation of 3 big meks with SAG, and a bunch of snots and runt herder.

now my question is this. Can i shoot the battery when the stompa moves? (counting as a stationary platform)? or, am i still not able to fire it because its ordinace and the models have to be stationary?

just wanted thots.

Nabterayl
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Can't be done as I read the rules.

It's not the fact that the SAG is ordnance, actually; it's the fact that it's heavy. I don't remember anything that says that non-barrage ordnance weapons can't be fired on the move. That's why it's important that the SAG is listed as both heavy and ordnance.

The fact that the SAG is heavy means it can't be fired if the big mek has moved. "Super-heavy vehicles behave on the battlefield like all other vehicles, with the exceptions given" on pp. 92 et seq., and none of the exceptions that follow say that moving super-heavy transports don't cause their passengers to count as moving, so moving super-heavy transports cause their passengers to count as moving, just like normal transports do. That means that a SAG mek in a moving stompa counts as moving, and thus cannot fire his SAG, because it is heavy.

Incidentally, I believe it also means, again per the normal transport rules, that passengers in super-heavy walkers that move more than 6" and in super-heavy non-walker vehicles that move faster than 6" can't fire at all.

StrikerFox
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
that sounds about right.. XD i never did fire it on the move.. but.. i did fire it once, and rolled 3 1's... and the whole thing crumpled like a ball of tin foil! (or the house from poltergeist) XD