PDA

View Full Version : MKII versus Prime Remix?

Razorx1970
02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Exactly what is the difference between MKII and Prime Remix rules? I have both books, and I played this game when it was first released waaaay back when, and recently dove back in. I haven't played a MKII or even Prime Remix game yet, as I've been busy painting my models up first, and reading so far. Plus all the snow on the East Coast here has temp closed down our gaming club, or I'd have played more by now. lol

But what I've noticed is that the point cost is different for all of the models, but that aside, I'm not seeing any other differences between MKII and Prime Remix rules. Am I missing something?

What makes MKII sooooo different and sooo much better than original or Prime Remix rules? I have both books, and have read thro them, and I must be missing something?:confused:

mazgier
02-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Please, don't get me wrong but are you sure you've read both books?

Just to name a few of the changes:

- warjacks keep on fighting until the last damage box is gone (no more "three systems gone = dead jack")
- warjacks and casters can shake off effects of being KD/stationary by spending focus
- penalties for power attacks gone
- simplified (and much better IMO) rules for LOS
- new unit formation rules
- improved statistics / lower costs for most of the warjacks
- bonus "warjack points" from casters

Mk. II simply put is a much better game.

stampdog316
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Mark II is the newest version just released in Jan 10, Prime remix is the older rules, now commonly called Mk I.

There has been literally thousands of posts on the differences but the biggest change is MK II streamlined the rules and uses icons to symbolize weapon abilities traits. This also cuts down on the amount of text on the cards. They also corrected imbalances of some of the models by improving some and weakening others. Warjacks are more powerful now and and you get free points from your caster for them so they are more viable.

As for the rules--line of sight is now different, unit and formatioin rules are simplified, advance deployment is now 6" instead of 12, warjacks can spend focus to shake off stationary effects or stand up, you can now charge through rough terrain-- there are more differences but these are the bigger ones coming off the top of my head.

Razorx1970
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Please, don't get me wrong but are you sure you've read both books?

Just to name a few of the changes:

- warjacks keep on fighting until the last damage box is gone (no more "three systems gone = dead jack")
- warjacks and casters can shake off effects of being KD/stationary by spending focus
- penalties for power attacks gone
- simplified (and much better IMO) rules for LOS
- new unit formation rules
- improved statistics / lower costs for most of the warjacks
- bonus "warjack points" from casters

Mk. II simply put is a much better game.

I've read alot of both, but after a while it all blurs together. lol Which is WHY I asked about what's the difference other than new point cost, and stats changed at the card level.

Thanks for pointing those out, I guess it is quite different. See I played when the game first came out, back when jacks where the main focus then too, as infantry and solos were JUST getting released when I quit.

So rules-wise it's different somewhat, but gameplay wise, it's not so different of a game than what I remember since I played with jacks and casters only then. I just need to learn how and where to utilize the units and solos now.

I also didn't notice the rule of the jacks keep going till last box is gone, that's pretty cool, before if they lost core systems it was over as I recall.

Razorx1970
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Mark II is the newest version just released in Jan 10, Prime remix is the older rules, now commonly called Mk I.

There has been literally thousands of posts on the differences but the biggest change is MK II streamlined the rules and uses icons to symbolize weapon abilities traits. This also cuts down on the amount of text on the cards. They also corrected imbalances of some of the models by improving some and weakening others. Warjacks are more powerful now and and you get free points from your caster for them so they are more viable.

As for the rules--line of sight is now different, unit and formatioin rules are simplified, advance deployment is now 6" instead of 12, warjacks can spend focus to shake off stationary effects or stand up, you can now charge through rough terrain-- there are more differences but these are the bigger ones coming off the top of my head.

Nice I'm seeing the differences now. Just reading thro Remix then MKII both books LOOK so identical, that it becomes hard to see the diferences, as they both blur together after a while. lol

I like that they push the use of Jacks too, when I played when it was first released, I liked the game, FOR the fact it was a caster and jacks, and units and solos we're still on the horizon. Adding all the other stuff I think mucked the game up eh?

Nice to see it's somewhat of the game I remember and enjoyed then, and it's encouraged to play like that now.